close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

colt 1991 compact night sights

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by bandit99, Jan 11, 2012.

1. bandit99

bandit99
    Expand Collapse

I've got a colt 1991 compact that I would like to have night sights installed on. Any advice on sending the slide to novak or tool tech. The novak website gives you the option to send the whole pistol or just the slide. I would like to be able to save some money and just send the slide but don't want to be unhappy with the results because I saved a few bucks on shipping.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

Ask Novak if they can shoot afterward to verify point of impact if you were to send the slide only. Maybe they'd have a Colt Officer's frame lying about to slap your slide in. If not then send the whole pistol. I find it hard to believe that there is that big of a price difference between sending the slide versus the whole shebang.

If I were to go through the hassle of having Novak installing sights on my gun, I would not try to save a buck and run the risk of the gun's new sights unregulated. Mechanical alignment is one thing. Shooting it for real with human eyes behind the gun is another.

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701
    Expand Collapse
    Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Not a 1911, but I sent my Beretta 92 slide to Tooltech and couldn't be happier. Reasonable price, perfect installation, and very quick turnaround time.