close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Color printer/scanner/fax recommendation-

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by filthy infidel, Jun 24, 2010.

1. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

Apr 24, 2007
    North Carolina
    Hi folks,

I've got a customer who's HP printer died. She wants to have scan/fax/color/bw print capability as well as wireless connectivity. She's not too concerned about price but is concerned about ongoing ink costs.

What would you buy?

2. I have a HP PhotoSmart 2710 All-in-one inkjet unit that has worked well for about 2-3 yrs. I had a 2610 before that, but it pooped out and was replaced with this one under warranty. Yes, it is wireless. I like it, but it eats the inkjet cartridges.
    Sonnytoo

3. I have a Brother All in one, three in fact. Two in use and one back-up. Thus all my main printers use the same ink carts. Bought two of them at model close-out from Staples. I have found Staples to have good selection and price. Mine is a MFC-240C.

Ink is an issue with all ink jets, the name is more than coincidental.

An advantage of HP is each time you change carts, you get a new print head, although I have yet to have an issue with my Brother. On the previous Brother printer I tried the "house brand" carts, never make that mistake again!

RC

4. glocksicle

glocksicle

Feb 27, 2010
    Struthers,OH
    I love my HP Photosmart c309a series it has everything you're looking for and simple wireless network connectivity i use mine everyday

5. stopatrain

stopatrain Lifetime Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Texas
    I purchased a HP Officejet 6500 a few weeks ago at Best buy on sale for $119.
    It's a sheet feed scanner + fax + printer + copier. Works great.

6. RockyMtnScotsman

RockyMtnScotsman

Jun 16, 2010
    Colorado
    We have two Brother "all in one" that are moderate at best.

• Print quality is uninspiring even with quality paper.
    • The only inkjet I've seen with a bigger thirst for ink is my parents Lexmark.
    • It does have separate cartridges for each of 3 colors and 1 black, but if one of the color cartridges is empty and you want to print black text only - no dice.
    I plan to replace mine with an HP soon. I'm hearing good things about the Kodak line of printers, but haven't checked into them yet.