close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cold weather gloves

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by 1911, Dec 5, 2004.

1. 1911

Expand Collapse

What are the best gloves for cold weather. I ride in Phx area with temps around 30+ In middle of night which is when I drive home from work. I'm looking for gloves that I can still feel and operate controls but provide warmth. Any ideas? I have checked cycle gear all gloves where still thick and bulky. Thanks for any input.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Compy

Compy
    Expand Collapse
    CompensateWhat?

I use a pair of these from Cableas. They work fine for me up here in <30° weather.

3. markos

markos
    Expand Collapse

Patagonia makes polyester glove liners, they are thin enough to fit under your regular gloves and add a lot of warmth.
    Phoenix is a great town, I bought a new 82 CBX there, perfect bike for the desert.

4. OMEGA5

OMEGA5
    Expand Collapse

I like these awfully well. Made by Olympia, Weather King Extra's 4100GT. Just DO NOT use the water proofing crap they send with them. Stuff turns to concrete. I like to never got it off.

5. norton

norton
    Expand Collapse

the best way to keep your hands warm is with some type of wind protection. A fairing or windshield.
    I have also found placing those disposable hand warmers (the ones with chemicals inside a packet) on top of the back of my hand inside a glove works pretty well.

6. kshuart

kshuart
    Expand Collapse

The problem with "warm" gloves is usually the bulk. How about using a thinner glove with grip heaters?? They are cheap and fit under your favorite grips.

http://www.dual-star.com/

If these won't work, I know they make some the velcro around the outside of your grips for temporary installation as well for a decent price. Check out www.aerostich.com

7. 1911

Expand Collapse

Gentalmen, I appriate the input.The bike I ride has a fairing. Its a KZ1000 old police bike. I also test drive current police bikes with heated grips. They work fine in the cold but I hate them all other times not comfortable. I purchased a pair of Joe Rockets gantlet groves from cycle gear 24.99 on sale. They did a good job tonight temp @47. Thin enough to feel controls. I'll give them a try for awhile. Again thanks for the help....

8. Bandalero

Bandalero
    Expand Collapse

9. RKC2000

RKC2000
    Expand Collapse
    OFOPOS

I tried on a pair of Gerbing heated gloves at a dealership. The most comfortable gauntlet-type glove ever. Seemed warm even without the heat turned on. If I were to get heated gloves, these would be the ones (vs. Widder).