Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Cold weather gloves

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by 1911, Dec 5, 2004.

1. 1911

Dec 2, 2000
    PHX AZ U.S.A
    What are the best gloves for cold weather. I ride in Phx area with temps around 30+ In middle of night which is when I drive home from work. I'm looking for gloves that I can still feel and operate controls but provide warmth. Any ideas? I have checked cycle gear all gloves where still thick and bulky. Thanks for any input.
  2. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

Feb 28, 2000
    Neither here nor there
    I use a pair of these from Cableas. They work fine for me up here in <30° weather.

3. markos

Aug 7, 2004
    Patagonia makes polyester glove liners, they are thin enough to fit under your regular gloves and add a lot of warmth.
    Phoenix is a great town, I bought a new 82 CBX there, perfect bike for the desert.
  4. OMEGA5

Jun 28, 2001
    I like these awfully well. Made by Olympia, Weather King Extra's 4100GT. Just DO NOT use the water proofing crap they send with them. Stuff turns to concrete. I like to never got it off.
  5. the best way to keep your hands warm is with some type of wind protection. A fairing or windshield.
    I have also found placing those disposable hand warmers (the ones with chemicals inside a packet) on top of the back of my hand inside a glove works pretty well.
  6. kshuart

Feb 28, 2003
    Athens, GA
    The problem with "warm" gloves is usually the bulk. How about using a thinner glove with grip heaters?? They are cheap and fit under your favorite grips.

If these won't work, I know they make some the velcro around the outside of your grips for temporary installation as well for a decent price. Check out
  7. 1911

Dec 2, 2000
    PHX AZ U.S.A
    Gentalmen, I appriate the input.The bike I ride has a fairing. Its a KZ1000 old police bike. I also test drive current police bikes with heated grips. They work fine in the cold but I hate them all other times not comfortable. I purchased a pair of Joe Rockets gantlet groves from cycle gear 24.99 on sale. They did a good job tonight temp @47. Thin enough to feel controls. I'll give them a try for awhile. Again thanks for the help....
  8. Bandalero

Jun 20, 2002
  9. RKC2000

RKC2000 OFOPOS

Jun 2, 2003
    I tried on a pair of Gerbing heated gloves at a dealership. The most comfortable gauntlet-type glove ever. Seemed warm even without the heat turned on. If I were to get heated gloves, these would be the ones (vs. Widder).