close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Co witness with Primary arms

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Fwdftw, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Fwdftw

Fwdftw

Apr 18, 2009
    Hernando MS
    What is needed to co witness with the primary arms micro dot? i know ive seen in some videos they were saying that it wasnt possible? I just want the dot on the front sight post like my eotech was. and to co witness with my MBUS thanks!

2. My PA Micro co-witnesses perfectly on my AR using the quick disconnect riser that cost a little extra. When I flip up my BUIS and aim using them, the dot sits right on the front post, as it should.

3. lawboy

lawboy

Jan 22, 2010
    ^ This. I have the Micro Dot with the Primary Arms QD mount and the Magpul MBUS, which allows for a 1/3 co-witness.

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I think because of the location of the emitter, only a lower 1/3 cowitness is possible, not an absolute cowitness. I have mine on an ADM mount that's supposed to be absolute with a real T1, but is lower 1/3 with the PA. I don't really care either way.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I have a Larue Tactical mount for my PA, LT660HK.
    It provides absolute cowitness

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  6. MARSH1

MARSH1 Dealer Silver Member

May 21, 2007
    Texas
    The video is of a older design. The current removable base Micros and our Riser work great.

Marshall

7. Being kinda new to this, I have a related question...is co-witnessing necessary or is it simply an option for those with the FSB?

8. MARSH1

MARSH1 Dealer Silver Member

May 21, 2007
    Texas
    Cowitness is the ability to see your iron sights, when they are lined up, through the red dot sight window. This thread explains it. You will need the riser on a AR or it would be way too low.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=325&t=196133

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  9. Whiskey Six

Whiskey Six Marine 0369 Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Kansas
    I think the OP wants absolute co witness with the red dot on top of the front sight post. Not lower 1/3. Is this possible? I am also curious.

Nevermind. I just read the above link. Good explanation.

10. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    [​IMG]

Excellent illustration

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011