close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CO delegate success more evidence Paul will challenge Romney in Tampa

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G19G20, Apr 16, 2012.

1. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    For those doubting the effectiveness of the Ron Paul delegate strategy and how that will effect the RNC.

http://communities.washingtontimes....do-further-evidence-ron-paul-will-challenge-/

Similar successes have occurred in MO, MN, and other states so far. Paul's delegate strategy is working.

2. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    No, its not.

A delegate strategy involves winning them in a plurality in an election. This has never happened for RP, and never will because he lacks sufficient support and is unelectable as a result.

Romney has easily 10 times the delegates. That proportion will only increase.

If RP behaves they might let him add a platform plank or speak at the convention.

Anything else is a pipe dream, no matter how many desperate posts you make otherwise.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

3. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    It's ok G29Reload, just ignore the article and make up whatever narrative fits your preconceived notions.

4. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

So by your own count:

Romney: 13 pledged + 3 Uncommitted = 16.

Santorum: 6 pledged + 1 unpledged = 7.

Paul: 0 pledged + 13 unpledged = 13.

In other words, your own story demonstrates that Paul does not have a plurality in CO and therefore cannot use CO as support to get on the first round ballot.

Meanwhile, the hard count for Romney (including CO) is 550 delegates. Paul has 26.

The only thing "working" is the spin machine trying to keep Paul relevant.

5. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    We don't plan for a first round ballot. We know that's unrealistic. We're working for a brokered convention.

Those 13 unpledged are the ones that can keep Romney from his magic number and make way for the brokered convention. Then rule 40b goes out the window. If this trend continues (yes, I recognize that some states apportion delegates differently), then Romney barely enters the convention with more delegates than Paul! That's not a winning formula for Romney no matter how you slice it. Also, what this convention also shows is that Romney can be beaten by the Paul/Santorum coalition that appears to be slowly forming. Second ballot unbinds all those delegates to vote for whoever they wish. No one said the 13 pledged to Romney are actually Romney supporters ;)
    Im reading a lot of reports of social conservatives that just can't bring themselves to support Romney now that Santo is out.

6. Why are Ronulans so delusional?:tinfoil:

There is absolutely no possibility that Ron Paul will ever become President.

That is a fact.

:deadhorse:

7. Goaltender66

Wishing for a brokered convention is just as if not more unrealistic.

You also lost all claim to credibility when you try to sell the idea that Romney will enter the convention with barely more delegates than Paul.

So no, the goofy-tooth delegate "strategy" isn't working at all. Sorry, but those are the breaks. Paul had his chance and he failed.

Also, I'm laughing at you trying to sell the "Paul/Santorum Coalition." :rofl:

ETA: you'd also better study up on your state rules. Not all states unbind delegates after the first vote....

8. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    I did say that some states apportion delegates differently. It doesn't change the fact that Paul supporters are running for, and winning, delegate spots everywhere and in numbers that even you must admit is impressive. If you're as up on this stuff as you lead on then you're aware of similar successes in other parts of the country. With more to come....

For giggles, wouldn't it be a hoot if even if Romney were to hit 1144 bound that many of his own bound delegates are Paul supporters? This will be an RNC for the ages.

9. Goaltender66

26 delegates is impressive?!

I'm pretty up on it and that's why I'm ridiculing the "delegate strategy." They actually are not "winning everywhere."

10. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Only a few states have selected RNC delegates so far so 26 is pretty damn good already (assuming that number is correct, I havent done the math). Don't tell me that you're buying into the AP's propaganda "delegate tracker" too?

11. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    G19G20
    And when you don't get your brokered convention? Then what a third party run so Obamamoa get his second term? With RP still not getting to be POTUS? Please do tell us what if this is the case, are you willing to aid and abed the re-election of the criminal Obamamoa!!:steamed:

12. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Paul isn't going to be the nominee because he would cost too many folks too much money and I accept that. Still won't vote for Romney.

13. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    I can't be bothered reading such fantasy. Yer chewin on a wish sandwich boy. And you got another thing coming. Reality is gonna leave you with such a hangover and you will be wondering, "how could I have been such a ….?"

14. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    I can see Inauguration Day…15 mins before the swearing and he'll be posting "but Romney could drop dead of a heart attack…what will they do then? They won't have any choice but to send RP up there…it can still happen, I'm telling you! :rofl:

15. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    ron paul supporters wont be happy until obama wins his second term.

16. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
  17. Goaltender66

26 isn't from the AP tracker. It's the hard count direct from the states which have already formally pledged or otherwise allocated bound delegates. The AP says 55. Using their methodology Romney has 684. I'm using the hard formal number (Romney = 550) to demonstrate that even using the formal bound number, the goofy-tooth "delegate strategy" is founded in fantasy.

As for "only a few states," that's not true either.

So when there is no brokered convention and Romney wins on the first ballot, is that when the Ronulans will start with the conspiracy theories?

18. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    At least you admit you live in your own constructed reality where the facts don't matter.

The rest of you are in for quite a surprise come Tampa time.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  19. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    You're assuming Romney will have any official part in Inauguration Day while accusing somebody else of chewing on a wish sandwich?

What do you honestly rate Romney's chances of winning? InTrade has Obama at around 61%, up about a percentage point in the last couple of weeks. If I didn't have an aversion to trusting my money to offshore gambling companies, I'd be all over that bet (although I'd wait for a dip when the lemmings overreact to some high-profile news story). Would you be on the other side of that bet?

20. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Here's more. Paul sweeping more delegates, this time in Minnesota.

http://www.knuj.net/2012/04/ron-paul-winning-mn/