Glock Talk banner

CMMG conversion kits

834 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  shadow_dog 
#1 ·
I did a search, the threads are kinda stale, checking to see if there is any newer users of the CMMG conversion kit in an AR.

Was in a Bass Pro Shop yesterday and they had them for $220. Not a smokin' deal but they had them right in my hands and not having to mail order. Is there anything new and improved with them? I stockpiled a bunch of .22lr ammo and would like to sharpen reload and malfunction skills and run and gun with the AR. So I won't be burning a bunch of ammo doing it. I also own a Sig 522, but of course the controls are set up a bit different (charge handle is on the bolt), it runs like a sewing machine. Have about 5 or so of the Black Dog mags I run with it, would cross over to the AR.

I did not buy yesterday, thought I might ask here before jumping in. Also aware of the dirt, twist rate, etc. Mainly concerned about reliability.

#3 ·
I had a few back a number of years ago and they worked flawlessly. IIRC the newer ones have a brass band around the chamber area maybe to prevent possible chamber scratching from the old steel on steel models? IDK. tom.

#4 ·
I've had mine for about two months and only used it 2-3 times but it works fine. Frankly I expected more malfunctions. I would definitely recommend it, but keep in mind I've only put a few hundred rounds through it.

Btw, bought mine at Cabelas because it was in stock. Price was about $220 out the door.

#7 ·
Ok i know I'm reaching with this question. Has anyone been able to modify an Smith and Wesson MP 1522 magazine to adapt for one of these applications?

I'm asking if anyone has adapted one of these mags comparable to a Black Dog magazine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.