close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Closing the Private Sale "Loophole"

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SgtRambo, Dec 27, 2012.

1. stevemc

stevemc

Yes, that will stop Johnny from taking his parents gun/rifle and committing mass murder before killing himself. It will also stop the drug cartels, felons, "(insert BG here)" and everyone else from having those evil guns of which there are over 250 million. It will prevent those that would otherwise be breaking the law from having firearms. Why didn't we think of this before.

2. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

You're officially part of the problem. It won't end after your compromise.

3. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

The attempts will never end. But compromising would remove the political will and legislative ability to actually do more.

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

he/she thinks if "we" compromise with them now we will not get assaulted later by the same group which has assaulted us before when we compromised.

5. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

how so, please give us a scenario which would prevent further restrictions on our rights?

6. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Post #55 and #73.

7. RussP

Any compromise will empower the opposition, not deter them.

8. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

That's certainly true, but trying to get said law passed, is going to garner much conflict from said states. That was pretty much what I meant.

9. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Then you disagree with me. Fine.

10. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i will wait for your answer....

11. RussP

Never said that.
    See the above post. Simply put, fight hard at the grass roots level through personal contact with legislators and contact through state, regional and multiple national organizations. Do not limit your efforts to working through the NRA, which you admit you do not belong to.

12. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

I get it Russ.

You're playing word games. Like we're 7 years old.

I asked you if you thought there was going to be anti-gun legislation passed, and you answered that there was going to be anti-gun legislation. You did not say it would be passed, you just meant that there would be legislation presented.

In other words, you DO NOT think anti-gun legislation is going to be passed.

Go it.

Now I understand your perspective. You do not believe anti-gun legislation is going to be passed, you think there will be a fight and we can/will win it. Therefore, you do not think any compromise should be necessary.

Then just drop it Russ. Since you do not believe that anti-gun legislation absolutely will be passed, then you are correct. There is no reason to compromise on anything.

I myself DO believe that anti-gun legislation IS going to be passed. I believe is it completely un-avoidable. I believe that the only way to minimize the damage, is to compromise So there's no point in you and I discussing this any further. We are not starting at the same point.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  13. RussP

You have never been in high profile, high stakes negotiations with the most powerful financial institutions in this country and abroad involving assets valued in the $100s of millions of dollars all under the scrutiny of the SEC, bank regulators and bond rating companies have you?

No one comes to the table offering anything. Everyone comes to the table ready to demand more to enhance their position. And everyone has the option to close their briefcase and leave if the demand by the other side was not offset by concessions on their part.

I did close my briefcase on two such demands. The total asset value was over a third of a billion dollars. I have a little more experience winning these types of situations than you do.

By the way, the two deals did ultimately close with my side earning quite a bit more than originally scheduled.

So, you may disagree with me, if you want. But, right now, I do not see anyone jumping onto your parade float.

14. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

If you believe that you are a fool.

15. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

You and others believe we can fight any and all anti-gun legislation and win. You believe that we can stop anti-gun legislation from being passed.

I believe the exact opposite. I believe that there is nothing we can do to stop anti-gun legislation from being passed. I believe that in either January or Febuary we will see anti-gun legislation crammed down our throats, and we cannot stop it.

So, no further discussions are necessary. Talk to you in a few months.

16. RussP

There will be legislation presented. Whether it is passed, or in what form it will be passed depends on our success fighting any legislation presented. The fight needs to begin at the grass roots level. We have to attack the anti-gun side hard and constantly and continually. There can be no let up. If your hear an untruth, quote it and provide the truth and send it to your legislator, House or Senate. Send a letter to the editor of your newspaper comparing the truth and the untruth. Hit them hard and hit them often.

You are willing to admit defeat before the face to face begins. That is not my style and it seems many here agree with me.

17. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Delete duplicate post.

18. RussP

And what will you be doing in those intervening months? Join the NRA? Join the VCDL? Constantly communicate with your Representative and Senator? Quell the lies being pawned off on the masses you want to quell? What are you going to be doing?

19. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

he/she will be compromising....

20. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

All of the above.

I'm not going to stop fighting, but I do not believe we can win. I didn't think Romney was going to win, but it didn't stop me from voting for him, or attempting to convince everyone I kew that they should vote for him too.

I believe Sandy Hook is going to crush us.

I am waiting for the debates to start to start in the House and Senate. We WILL see the anti-gunners bring out the Mothers and Fathers of the lost children of Sandy Hook. This WILL get them the votes they need to pass legislation. Because the constituency will see those people on live, national TV, and they will call their elected representatives screaming for gun-control.