Clip Draw for G30. Good/bad?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by dooku77, Feb 18, 2012.

1. I need some input. I saw this clip and it interested me and seemed like a really cool concept. Any input.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Clipdraw w/VHB 3m tape General Glocking Apr 25, 2015
    Anyone carry a Glock with Clipdraw? Carry Issues Apr 21, 2015
    Saf-T-Blok & Clipdraw for G36 Carry Issues Mar 26, 2015
    clip draw and mic holster good carry option? Carry Issues Nov 27, 2014
    Glock 26 Clip Draw Carry Issues Oct 29, 2014

3. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

It's a horrid concept. Cripdraw and trigger guard placebos such as mic and saf-t-block are just really poor alternatives to holsters. More crack dealer level stuff than anything.

4. It's only a good idea if you carry with one in the chamber.

5. Lol. That's so funny. I saw it in the store and thought it was pretty neat idea.

6. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!!
    Platinum Member Gold Member

Don't mean to hi-jack, but what is the problem with the MIC? OK, saf-T-blok is a gimmick (please DO NOT ask me how I know... :wow:) but the MIC I bought works really safely. I mean, that sucker has really good retention.

If so inclined, I could hang a weapon from the rear view mirror of the car (probably break the windshield swinging...) but MIC holds well. I use it as a safe way to store a pistol. Not so much clip it to a belt and drop it down the front of my pants.

7. Not a fan of clip draw. Name one advantage over a quality IWB holster. Looking gangster doesn't count.

8. The reason clip-draws are not a preferred option is that the trigger is exposed and bunched up clothes things in your pocket etc. are more likely to hung up in the trigger well as opposed to a IWB where the holster covers the trigger..I applaud you for asking the question before making the decision hopes this helps..

9. Bad Bad Bad

look at the Raven concealment Vanguard 2
    or a Crossbreed Supertuck

10. When carrying a Glock one of the main reasons a real holster is important is preventing things from getting into the trigger area. The clip draw does not do that and not a product I would recommend. Taking part in shooting matches might not interest you but there is no shooting organization that would allow you to use the clip draw. Of coarse I am no expert so be careful and stay safe.
    Mike

For good holsters give Glock Talk members Tommy THEIS or coachG (PJ Holsters) a look.

11. This would be the reply for me .

12. Spend you money on a quality Holtster.Its unsafe to use the Clipdraw.

13. I definately wanted to ask first. I didn't really know much about it so I thought I would turn to my trusty forum members for guidance.

14. I agree
    Probably meant without one in the chamber for the reason above.

15. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

I would rank it somewhere next to worst idea in the history of the world. Get yourself a crossbreed an save yourself he trouble and possibly a gunshot wound

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. G36Bell

G36Bell G36, G17

I can wear a pair of shorts and a tight t-shirt, and you will not be able to my G-36 in a MIC holster. I have plenty of IWB holster that still print on the clothes. Definitely not a gimmick.

BTW I would never use a clip draw. Let alone use one just by itself. You will shoot ur nutz off.

#15 G36Bell, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  17. G36Bell

G36Bell G36, G17

+1 ^ I love my MIC....:cool:

18. Omfg I just watched a video on the mic holster. Thank you very much. I saw that once and didn't even consider it. Now I know how it works and I am ordering one.

19. UrbanCowboy

UrbanCowboy Koch Addict

I like it. I have even used one with a round in the chamber. But i'm not an idiot and have control over my finger and never used it in the front of my pants where my wiener could pull the trigger while drawing it. It can be used in conjunction with a leather holster btw. But it's great if for example your wearing pajama pants and your dog wakes you up because she needs to pee and you don't want to have to change into pants with a belt. Ever tried using a holster with pajama pants or basketball shorts and no belt? If you haven't, what happens is the holser comes out with the gun still in it. The Raven concealment Vanguard 2 seems like it would be a great additon to the Clipdraw to add even more versatility.

#18 UrbanCowboy, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  20. Had one, took it off; hated it!:yawn: