close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CLEO NFA Sign-off

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Orkinman, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Orkinman

Orkinman

Jan 10, 2008
    Northern VA
    Has anyone here done a CLEO sign off on and ATF form 1 or 4 here in Virginia? Specifically, Northern Virginia? Who do you turn it in to? I have no idea where I would go in Prince William county.

Anyone tried and get turned down?

Thanks

2. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

Apr 17, 2002
    Shoots through schools
    Do a trust and the CLEO has no say. The NFA items are held in the trust.

3. utah

utah

Oct 23, 2002
    Virginia
  4. Reswob

Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    VA
    On the subject, does anyone know how to go about setting up a trust in VA, or know any good trust lawyers and approximately how much that route would cost?

5. watsoncb

watsoncb CLM

Dec 31, 2006
    Falls Church
  6. stooxie

stooxie NRA Life Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Northern Virginia
    Fairfax County will do sign-offs on Form 4's. Takes 4 weeks, but they don't give you any grief. You even get back a nice letter saying "thanks for letting us serve you." If they do them I can't imagine you'll have any problem with Prince William County.

In Fairfax it's the Sheriff that signs them. Maybe call your sheriff's office and ask them who should get a form 4.

-Stooxie

7. According to a thread on AR15.com Prince William County will sign off.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=17

It's the Chief LEO so either the Chief of Police, County Sheriff, or State Police can sign off. IIRC the State Police won't over ride local CLEO.

So Monday Morning call the Chief and Sheriff's offices and see who signs off and what the proceedure is.