close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Clear case of self-defense done right

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by gunslinger3, Apr 2, 2012.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    "Couldn't they just have shot him in the leg?"

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    If you're going to get drunk, don't go around banging on doors, you may have the wrong address.

If you ARE going to go around banging on doors and no one answers, don't then throw a propane tank throw the window.

If you ARE going to throw a propane tank through the window don't then enter and go around screaming "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

If you ARE going to enter and go around screaming "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" don't then break down the door into the room where the homeowners are hunkered down with a gun.

If you ARE going to break down the door and head for the armed homeowners don't be surprised if you get shot.

If you ARE going to get shot, don't be surprised if you die.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  3. g30sfjeepguy

g30sfjeepguy

Aug 19, 2011
    So true

4. AGAF

AGAF On a Journey

Oct 2, 2006
    Texas
    The 30 yr old intruder sure made a lot of bad decisions that night. This is obviously a justified case of self defense. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that someone's family if feeling great sorrow over this. These situations are terrible for everyone involved. The homeowner stopped the threat, but will never be the same. We should all hope and pray that we are never put into a situation like this.

5. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    People who don't really know guns always say stupid stuff like that. A liberal friend of mine believed if you shoot someone to kill them, even if they're trying to kill you, you should go to jail. He just had no clue how unrealistic it is to just shoot someone in the leg.

6. gunslinger3

gunslinger3 Μολὼν λαβέ

Dec 17, 2009
    pacific northwest
    My daughter and I were on a road trip back from SF yesterday and were talking about that very thing. You will never be the same after something like that however, better that then the alternative.

7. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    Very well stated!

Bang, Bang, Bang!! DRT!

Good job H/O!

:wavey:

red

8. KingWalleye

KingWalleye

Jan 6, 2011
    And when you hit the femoral artery and they bleed out in 3 minutes they are just as dead and they had 3 minutes to harm/kill you.

9. My wife said something to this effect to me once. She wasn't raised around and has very little experience with guns. My response to her was that I don't want to kill anyone. But if someone threatens my family, I will shoot for the biggest target available and keep shooting until I am sure they can't hurt someone I love.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  10. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Nov 12, 2005
    Louisiana
    I feel for the homeowner and the deceased guy's family, but the right course of action was taken.

11. AGAF

AGAF On a Journey

Oct 2, 2006
    Texas
    No doubt

12. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    The homeowner did show lots of restraint. Im not sure it was wise to wait that long and warn him you had a gun. What if the burglar had a gun also and decided to just shoot through the bedroom door several times before knocking it down?

13. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Jan 27, 2009
    CT
    Just three rounds fired and the drunken home invader only made it a few feet before collapsing. The home owner sure must have made some well placed hits.

Purely out of my own curiosity, I wonder what he was armed with and what ammunition it was loaded with.

14. How do you know this? I know folks who have killed BG's and to a man, they are just fine with things.

15. Best to stay away from people who think like this. They could get you killed in an extreme encounter.

16. Right. Some people recommend shouting for the BG to get out of your home and some recommend yelling that you have a gun and will use it if you must. Both alert the BG to your location and the fact you are armed. An attorney I know who handles cases such as this advised that such actions could get you killed. It is a decision one will have to take if this ever happens to them. I know I don't have the answer.

17. TankerMax

TankerMax

Feb 25, 2012
    SW Washington

I wondered the same thing. I'm guessing G23 with Speer Gold Dot 155gr. JHP

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  18. rjflyn

rjflyn

May 29, 2007
    Michigan
    He played a stupid games and won stupid prizes.