Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Cleaning the lens of a Surefire weapon light....

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by BlindBoyJoe, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Over the weekend I was shooting my Glock 21 with an X200 attached. The rig is new to me; I just bought it off of a friend. I wanted to make sure everything function correctly together.

When I got home I cleaned up the gun and the light. I realized after I cleaned up the light that there was still a hazy residue on the lens. I must have tried cleaning it 10 times and it wouldn't go away. So I called Surefire today and they told me to "put a drop of water on the lens and then use the eraser of a No.2 pencil and work in a circular motion." I did it and it worked like a charm! Just thought I would throw that out there for any of you wondering how to do it.
  2. Scamp

Scamp Geaux Tigers!

May 10, 2009

3. Engineer

May 21, 2000
    NE Ohio
    Another item that works great is a lens pen that's used to clean camera lenses. It has a carbon based cleaning compound on one side and a brush on the other:

4. Nice, care to share what brand of lens cleaner that is? :wavey:
  5. dtm925

Mar 22, 2010
    Awesome tips guys! Thank you!!
  6. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
  7. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    This is what makes Glock Talk a valuable resource! :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys! :wavey:

By the bye, I live-fire field-test every rig before signing off on it. And since my indoor range doesn't offer lights-out practice, I usually tape up the weapon light with blue masking tape, to avoid the clean up altogether! ;)

I'd really enjoy a nighttime shooting opportunity! :)

P.S. I suggest making this thread a Sticky!
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  8. W4CNG

Sep 19, 2002
    In the Gun Room
    After you get it clean then put a thin film of Vaseline on the lens. That will make it a wipe off job the next time. A very thin film.