close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cleaning the lens of a Surefire weapon light....

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by BlindBoyJoe, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Over the weekend I was shooting my Glock 21 with an X200 attached. The rig is new to me; I just bought it off of a friend. I wanted to make sure everything function correctly together.

When I got home I cleaned up the gun and the light. I realized after I cleaned up the light that there was still a hazy residue on the lens. I must have tried cleaning it 10 times and it wouldn't go away. So I called Surefire today and they told me to "put a drop of water on the lens and then use the eraser of a No.2 pencil and work in a circular motion." I did it and it worked like a charm! Just thought I would throw that out there for any of you wondering how to do it.

2. Engineer

Engineer

May 21, 2000
    NE Ohio
    Another item that works great is a lens pen that's used to clean camera lenses. It has a carbon based cleaning compound on one side and a brush on the other:

[​IMG]

3. Nice, care to share what brand of lens cleaner that is? :wavey:

4. dtm925

dtm925

Mar 22, 2010
  5. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
  6. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    This is what makes Glock Talk a valuable resource! :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys! :wavey:

By the bye, I live-fire field-test every rig before signing off on it. And since my indoor range doesn't offer lights-out practice, I usually tape up the weapon light with blue masking tape, to avoid the clean up altogether! ;)

I'd really enjoy a nighttime shooting opportunity! :)

--Ray

P.S. I suggest making this thread a Sticky!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  7. W4CNG

W4CNG

Sep 19, 2002
    In the Gun Room
    After you get it clean then put a thin film of Vaseline on the lens. That will make it a wipe off job the next time. A very thin film.