Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Cleaning RCBS Chargemaster 1500

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by kueblerkt, Jan 18, 2010.

1. kueblerkt

Jan 17, 2009
    I ended up buying the RCBS 1500 scale/dispenser combo yesterday and so far I love it!

My question is about cleaning out the residual powder that is left at the very bottom of the cylinder. I can get most of it out with the little brush that was included with the unit, but there is still a good portion of stubborn particles that I cant get out with a brush.

Any suggestions? I plan on using several different types of powder with this unit and dont really want to find out what happens if they get mixed together.

I was thinking maybe canned air?:dunno: Anything else?
  2. n2extrm

Feb 24, 2009
    Never had a problem with mine. I open the drain and use the brush. Then (while it is off and unpluged) I tilt it a little to empty the tube and the bottom of the hopper. I have how ever forgoten to CLOSE the drain and started to fill the hopper. Boy does that make a mess!

3. Been there done that. I have also CAREFULLY used my compressor to blow out the last little bit when I will be changing powders.
  4. ah141nj

Jan 22, 2008
    Compressed air in the can.
    A lil dab will do ya
  5. squirreld

Jan 15, 2006
    US of A

lesson learned!