close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cleaning kit not fitting in buttstock

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by m87, Feb 12, 2010.

1. m87

m87

Feb 24, 2009
    So I have a Saiga SGL-21. There is a space in the buttstock for small arsenal cleaning kit that I ordered along with the gun from K-var.

Here's the problem: It pushes in just fine, but once I push it in far enough so that the "trapdoor" springs closed back over the kit, the kit gets stuck. There is a spring that rests under the kit when in place, but it's definitely wedged in there(I thought it would push the kit back out). The only way to get it out is to remove the plate from the end of the buttstock and get the kit out of there with fingers or pliers. I'm pretty sure the kit is supposed to be able to enter and exit the stock without removing this plate.

Has this happened to anybody else? So far, I've spend 5-10 minutes trying to remove material inside the stock with course sandpaper, but it's still getting stuck. Maybe I have to remove more material.

2. SidX

SidX NRA Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Same thing was happening to mine. I removed the buttplate and spring then inserted the cleaning kit to see where it was getting stuck. The places I saw it was sticking I filed.

Didn't remove alot of material and kept checking and filing checking and filing.

Cleaning kit pops right in and out now.