close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cleaning info for Steyr owners

Discussion in 'Steyr Club' started by DAIadvisor, Jul 24, 2004.

1. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor
    Expand Collapse

There were numerous questions regarding the positioning of various components inside the Steyr pistols. Here is a little illustration to help explain where everything is.

When cleaning your gun, make sure you get all the dirt from behind the extractor to insure proper lock on to casings. Also, clean the rest of the area you see in the picture, pay special attention to inside corners to get all the unburned particles out of the action of the gun. Extractor should move outward back and forth about 1/8th of an inch. You can use your finger to move it, but it will be stiff. If its moving, its operating properly.

Hope this helps,

[​IMG]

********* UPDATE **********

If you experience weak primer hits, check your firing pin for excessive preservative similar to Glock's copper paste inside the firing pin channel. Take the slide apart, use solvent to clean out the copper compound from firing pin, springs, and fp channel, dry, spray with Rem-Oil, and blow out with compressed air. Re-assemble, and you should be fine. Here is a picture to help illustrate the process.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. matt7184

matt7184
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Nice picture! :)

3. mrapathy2000

mrapathy2000
    Expand Collapse

4. c5367

c5367
    Expand Collapse
    Esq.

^6 ^6 ^6 ^6

5. RIPPED

RIPPED
    Expand Collapse
    G One NINER

indeed a quality post and great photo. my only question at this juncture that others also may wonder is, when cleaning the extractor mechanism, what do you find the best way to clean behind it? i have field stripped mine all the apart in terms of removing the trigger mechanism and all but never attempted or knew it was possible to dissasemble the upper portion of the firearm.quite possibly maybe im looking to far into it and it is not possible nor reccomended to strip it that far down.

6. mrapathy2000

mrapathy2000
    Expand Collapse

7. Dimmak

Dimmak
    Expand Collapse
    Fire and Water

Ripped,

Nice avatar....:cool:

8. mrapathy2000

mrapathy2000
    Expand Collapse

9. CGuns

CGuns
    Expand Collapse

Can you post some of these pictures in the Steyr Picture Thread that I started?

Please advise...

CGuns