close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cleaning Firing Pin Channel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Caine, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Caine

Caine

Jul 3, 2005
    All of my Glocks run flawlessly and have less than 2,000 total rounds through each of them (2 model 23's, 1 model 22). I always field strip them after after shooting and do a basic cleaning (boresnake, toothbrush, wipedown, lube, etc.) I have never "detail stripped" a Glock before and do not feel comfortable going any further than a basic field strip. Other than keeping oil out of it, do I need to do anything to proactively clean the firing gin channel? Is it possible to clean this area without detail stripping the gun? Should I just leave it alone?

Many thanks.

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    You can hose it down with gun scrubber but I highly recommend you learn to detail strip the gun.
    Pick up a copy of The Complete Glock Reference Guide. It is very simple to read but you dont have to because the pics explain everything you ever wanted to know about your Glock. See it here http://bit.ly/nTRT9H

3. Caine

Caine

Jul 3, 2005
    Thanks for your response. My concern in detail stripping the gun is that I would put some small piece in backwards and disable a gun that was functioning before I starting tinkering with it. However, with the manual, I should be fine.

4. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    There are only a couple parts that can be put in backwards, ie: the slide lock lever. If you do this, the first time you fire the gun the slide will shoot off towards the target. Its absolutely shocking to the shooter and hilarious to by standers!