close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cleaning a Glock-19

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by Danel Boone, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Danel Boone

Danel Boone

Mar 26, 2009
    Good morning.

Just shot my new Glock-19 for the first time, and could not wait to get home, field strip it and clean it.

I downloaded a video from Talon Enterprises, where there is a good cleaning video. The trainer did not use a jag in the cleaning process, but should I decide to use one, must I use a NYLON jag instead of the brass one I already have?

Also, the front sight seems to be able to be shifted either right or left as there is a slot on the side of the sight. Is there a special "tool" to do this, as it seems that the further away from any metal instrument your Glock is, the safer the finish is?

Thanks, and I am happy to be a member from Sarasota Florida.

Danel

2. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    Danel,

Brass or Nylon is fine. Neither will damage the bore or chamber.

Personally, I use a .22 brass brush with a .45 patch and Breakfree. Any of the usual cleaners will work.

I've never seen a Glock front sight that could be drifted right or left, but have seen aftermarket sights that are made for a dovetail. The standard Glock front sight is held in with a screw from the inside of the slide. It takes a 3/16" thinwall socket, if I recall correctly.

Check out the TruGlo TFO sights. They're the best I've found for both daylight and night shooting.
    Here's what the ones on my G19 look like:
    [​IMG]

3. glocks from the factory come with plastic sights on the front.it is held in place with a plastic wedge. after market steel sights use a small screw on thebottom of the sight. I do beleive this is correct.

4. Lynchman66

Lynchman66

Mar 28, 2009
    I just ordered a set

5. FTONEL

FTONEL

Apr 19, 2009
    I have a pair on my g27. They are great sights.

6. Kuvasz

Kuvasz

Apr 6, 2009
    those TFOs look great...any deals out there...i'd like to try them on a g23....also, any other color combos?