Glock Talk banner

Cleaned out Walmarts Ammo cabinet.

5K views 50 replies 31 participants last post by  LL6 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I just cleaned out Walmarts cache of .223, all 5 boxes of it:what:. I asked if they had more in the back. She laughed and says "we can't keep this in stock." Why are people so concerned about whatever in the hell they're concerned about?:confused:

ETA: Have y'all noticed the same thing in your area?

#2 ·
Haven't noticed.

I buy all my ammo online, I don't have to go to Wal Mart and I can buy in case lots.

I confirm zero with the first box and shoot through a case at a time. I hate not being sure where my POI is.

#5 ·
Luckily my LGS has plenty of ammo, I dont know why the rush is on, Obama hasnt tried nor will he be able to pass a weapons ban of any type. Any bans will never make it past Congress, nothing is going to change, but people are still freaking out. Are we gonna have to go through this everytime a Blue gets elected President?

#7 ·
Luckily my LGS has plenty of ammo, I dont know why the rush is on, Obama hasnt tried nor will he be able to pass a weapons ban of any type. Any bans will never make it past Congress, nothing is going to change, but people are still freaking out. Are we gonna have to go through this everytime a Blue gets elected President?
People keep claiming he'll pass stuff with executive order, since those only need to pass the senate, which is controlled by the democrats. No idea if that's true or not, never looked into the powers executive orders have or whatnot, it's just what a few people have claimed.

#8 ·

~ "Are we gonna have to go through this everytime a Blue gets elected President?" ~

`Some folks`... might feel this could "be the last time"...anything is possible as `we all` just found out....especially "If" a Dictator is in office....Folks gotta do what they gotta do....

#11 ·
I don't think a presidential executive order needs any legislative support.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I would assume it needs support of at least some kind, due to the whole checks and balances system. But, like I said, I don't know anything about executive orders, so I could be wrong.

#12 ·
Franklin D. Roosevelt's Executive Order 6102 Requiring Gold Coin, Gold Bullion and Gold Certificates to Be Delivered to the Government. If that can be done most anything is possible.

#13 ·
Stopped at the local LGS ( Lotus Gun Works) here in Jensen Beach, Florida and they have cases of everything in stock. I picked up LPP's , SPP's and an extra pound of powder. Also picked up six 30 round P-Mags cause they were on sale for $11.00. I may get a few more tomorrow. I may have to go to the local Walmart to see what their ammo cabinet looks like. From what I have seen in the South Florida area there is no ammo shortage here.
Luckily I have at least 2,000 rounds of factory ammo for every caliber I shoot and another 1,000 rounds for each caliber that I've been loading as I have time. I may load another five hundred in 9mm this weekend.

#14 · (Edited)
Day after the election at local Wal-MArt. Two ARs sold and all the .223/5.56mm ammo with the exception of the $28 per 20 round Winchester hog hunting stuff (which looks sweet BTW)

I order some at Midway, on backorder till early 2013.

The Dems are not going to run wild on anything just because they won the election. They do want to get re-elected next time I bet :)

Obama is not going to buck the Democratic Party and go rouge and run wild just because he can not run again.

#15 ·
There was a short rush right after the election but now things are back to normal. Shelves are stocked and prices are normal. Guess I live in one of the sane states.

On the plus side, it did clear out Orschlin's shelf of weird uncommon calibers that looked like they've been sitting for 20 years. Now they have more room for the regular stuff.

#16 · (Edited)
So you "cleaned out Wal-Mart", and asked if there was more. Now you are asking what people are so concerned about.

What are you concerned about?

I've heard the Wal-Mart's here are pretty bare too.

#17 ·
Franklin D. Roosevelt's Executive Order 6102 Requiring Gold Coin, Gold Bullion and Gold Certificates to Be Delivered to the Government. If that can be done most anything is possible.
Agreed. If Obama tries the same thing with guns, there will be hell to pay. Our legislators better throw a huge hissy fit.

#18 ·
So you "cleaned out Wal-Mart", and asked if there was more. Now you are asking what people are so concerned about.

What are you concerned about?

I've heard the Wal-Mart's here are pretty bare too.

Im not concerned about anything, and i was picking fun.

I'm going to the range tomorrow and I wanted to pick up some ammo to shoot.

#20 ·
That was before the 1952 Guidelines and Rules were put into place.

#23 · (Edited)
What are the 1952 rules and guidelines?
I cannot find a list of them but before 1952 an Executive Order could do or be anything, after 1952 they could only be used to clarify or act to further a law passed by Congress or the Constitution, so Congress would have to pass a Weapons ban of some sort before the President could make further that law.

#24 ·
I cannot find a list of them but before 1952 an Executive Order could do or be anything, after 1952 they could only be used to clarify or act to further a law passed by Congress, so Congress would have to pass a Weapons ban of some sort before the President could make further that law.
So Obama can't make an assault weapons ban himself and get it approved by making an executive order instead of trying to get it passed through congress?

#25 ·
The level of paranoia and the behavior of ammo hoarders is beyond ridiculous, and is the main reason why I've pretty much not purchased any significant amounts of any ammo is a long, long time.

I think it's possible that we're approaching or near the top of what is an irrational ammunition bubble, but bubbles can persist for far longer than many ever thought possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.