close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cleaned out Walmarts Ammo cabinet.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by bigmoney890, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Got lucky tonight and caught the guy stocking the ammo shelves. Picked up 300 9mm and 200 7.62x39. They were well stocked except for .22lr. He said it is their biggest seller right now and .223 is impossible to keep in stock.

2. Durden

Durden

Oct 5, 2010
    The TEOTWAWKI crowd is buying up .22lr as if it's a precious metal.

I don't agree with them, but they'll have the last laugh if I run out of large caliber ammo in the wake of a large asteroid strike, and I try to beg for some some delicious spit roasted squirrel or nutria that they're eating.

3. Leigh

Leigh

May 22, 2000
    Eastern Kentucky
    Must be regional.

Pre-election 4 years ago? Yep, the rush was on.
    Now? Not around here.

Local WallyWorld has Federal AE (black/white box) .223 for $6.97 and the only reason it sells so well is that it is cheap compared to Winchester 5.56 FMJ. Sone days they have 40 boxes on the shelves, some days 2-3, and some days none at all.

Last week, they even had two cans of the Federal green tip on stripper clips! Granted, they didn't last long but cheap (by comparison) ammo is still out there.

4. glock031

glock031

Jun 18, 2010
    Ammo here locally is always hard to come by. Either its out of stock or priced extremely high. Don't know what the future holds but if it wasn't for that dam boating accident i'd have almost a lifetime supply thxs to internet sales of ammo.

5. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Feb 8, 2009
    JAX, FL
    I got all 4 boxes between 2 walmarts and academy.

6. Armchair Commando

Armchair Commando Long Range Guru

Jan 10, 2006
    Bunker in the Midwest
    Say that in 2014 when the democrats control the congress which they will easily do after seeing how obama got RE-ELECTED on some of the worst failed policies in american history! The GOP is dead and so is are gun rights, Just a matter of time now! All obama has to do is replace one conservative justice with a liberal one and the SCOTUS will hand down a reversal of heller and mcdonald! It's not paranoia its called stating the obvious! The republicans need to do a major overhaul if they want to stay competitive with the democrats, I say this because the democrats control the minority and woman vote to a huge degree not to mention this this election 96% of all black voters voted for obama, The leeches will always vote for santa claus, And since the leeches are starting to outnumber the providers in this country were fked. Most people on welfare are too fking lazy to work, And do you think their going to vote for a candidate who wants them to work and get jobs when they can get close to 30K a year from the government through section 8 housing and other government handouts!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  7. Brian Brazier

Brian Brazier

Jan 20, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    2014 is along ways off yet, I think the GOP has allot of work to do, but if Americans had lost all faith in them the Dems would already controll Congress.

8. They already are doing it. The BATFE does an audit of Guns and Ammo every year.

During the last AWB you couldn't buy a rifle that was banned for features from any FFL. So the proof is in our history.

So you really think Buds Guns Shop and others are going to ignore a ban, and keep selling AR's after a ban? I don't know what to think about that. That's beyond naive.

9. brianfede

brianfede

Apr 7, 2011
    Chicago Area
    My local Walmart typically has low ammo stock, interestingly enough in the dozens of times I have purchased ammo there I have never seen anyone else buying ammo. I don't think the prices are all that great anymore, I can usually do better with on-line purchases. I haven't seen a run on ammo but some guys at the range suggest reloading supplies have been hard to locate.

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    You realize the democrats control the Senate, the White House and Republicans only have a 241-193 edge in the House and a 1 justice advantage in the Supreme Court, right?

Your confidence has no basis in reality.

11. LL6

LL6

Feb 22, 2010
    Off I-40, NC
    Well said.