Cleaned My Yugo M57 Yesterday, Have Questions....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, Jan 28, 2013.

1. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

I finally found some time to delouse:supergrin: my Yugo M57 Tokarev yesterday. I used mineral spirits to remove the cosmoline and it worked like a charm. I then used Strike Hold to treat the metal. It feels great and seems to be functioning perfectly.

[​IMG]

My question is about the barrel....

[​IMG]

It looks pitted to me and I was wondering if there are any factory M57 barrels out there to replace it, or do you all think it will shoot fine the way it is? Any info you guys can provide is greatly appreciated, thanks!

TGG

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Cleaned up the old Vette The Okie Corral Aug 17, 2015
    Cleaned out the garage attic The Okie Corral Jun 30, 2014
    Glock 17 Gen 4 - Magazine Cleaned - Now loose floor plate General Glocking Mar 26, 2014
    China's rumor crackdown has 'cleaned' Internet, official says Political Issues Nov 29, 2013
    Cleaned brass running in the Dillon Reloading Oct 31, 2013

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

It will shoot just fine. Load it up.

:cool:

4. Tango 1Zero

Millennium Member

Same. I wouldnt worry about it. It has good rifling blast away and keep it cleaned up aftet the corrosive ammo is shot through it.

5. The_Gun_Guru

I will definitely do that :)

after I bought the gun I bought 2160 rounds of ammo for it which I believe is polish surplus. IIRC each can was only about 100 bucks! I saw 1 last night selling for 400 bucks:wow:

things sure have changed :-(

TGG

6. That is one ugly barrel but the rifling looks good, you will be fine.

7. Did you scrub the barrel with a good bore cleaner ?

8. The_Gun_Guru

I need to look and see if I have a good bore cleaner, not sure I do. if not, what would you recommend?

thanks,

TGG

9. OP should look for "Sweets" bore cleaner. It's some nasty stuff used to clean AK/SKS bores that were abused by corrosive ammo.

Wear gloves, work outside and READ the directions.

10. 427

That's not a bad looking bore. Just shoot it. It's going to be a little more work to get it clean, though.

It might even shoot clean. Shoot 5 rds, then clean it.

#9 427, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  11. The_Gun_Guru

Check it out, I already have some....

[​IMG]

I remember buying something for 7.62 when I got my C&R and started collecting surplus rifles. I'm glad I already have it!

I will get it as clean as I can and shoot the heck out of it....can't wait now!

Thanks guys!

TGG

12. From my looking the bore, you better practice cleaning it again. This time with "SWEETS".