close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clean match. No penalty points?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by THE VOID, Jun 13, 2002.

1. THE VOID

THE VOID

Has it been done by anyone?

Dayton

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I think Dale Rhea has done it. I think TJC has come closest to breaking the 40.00 barrier. TJC may also have the lowest Stockmeister score to date. I'll have to look over last years results.

3. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

It is not uncommon. It was done at the recent Dallas event.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I guess that all depends on what you call common Renegade. I did a quick run through the matches this year prior to Fulton and Roseburg and it has happened twice, once with a score of 111.xx. Tony Clemens score was just a mite faster than that. ;f Like I said not an exhaustive search.

I know where your going with this Void. I've always thought that clean 8 second runs in the 5 to Glock and "M" and a plain old 20 seconds in the plates would literally always win AmCiv. I mean a 68 would do it. Sounds easy but the closest I've ever come was Richmond with 6 Cs, 1 in the 5 to G and 5 on the M. It's hard to stay at that 8 second pace, I always seem to speed up at a match! ;f

5. THE VOID

THE VOID

Right now I would like to do what DannyR suggested in a previous post.
    5 to Glock 12x3 =36, M 10x3=30, and 20 sec plates = 86 sec. That would make me feel great. And I think that is a goal for me. If I can just get better a bit at a time, that will be fine. I am going to practice tomorrow for Jackson. Got to get that 25 yd. target looking better.

See ya,

Dayton

6. Fireglock

Dayton, you've been knocking at the door, I expect it. Once you go sub 100 it seems easier. Good luck.

7. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Over the last six months or so I've been spending a fair amount of my practice time shooting 30-35 yds and really working on accuracy....as in the basics. It has been a big help. The 20 & 25 yd targets in Dallas were punished for every time they misbehaved in prefious GSSF events. I also spend quite a bit of time shooting the plates at longer distances (25 + yds) and working on accuracy. The falling plates don't lie. Next is getting the dot to behave to my satisfaction.

One thing I learned when shooting with McCormick back in the old days.... He finished a practice session with long accurate shots on a steel plate. You shoot good...you have a beer that night. You shoot bad....no aiming fluid that night.

Mike F.
    Team Sidearmor
    Leadheads Bullets

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

MFinch,

If I shoot good, I have two beers that night... if I shoot bad, I have four beers that night! That's why I keep my day job... ;f ;c ;c ;c ;c ;f

Regards,
    Frank

9. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

I've come close to a clean run, had 1 C hit on the "5 to" and 1 C hit on the M in Jax this year.My goal is still the same, shoot a match w/ no points down!!

10. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

DannyR,

Best Stockmeister: 45.62 w/4 penalty pts. (included) 12.56 total for plates

Best 3 UL times:
    42.95 w/6 penalty pts. (included) 9.63 total for plates
    41.44 w/2 penalty pts. (included) 9.19 total for plates
    40.19 w/4 penalty pts. (included) 9.16 total for plates

Best 4 run total on plates: Long Island, 8.84 seconds

No clean matches but a few decent runs. ;f

I love shooting plates! ;e

11. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

TJC -

THAT is the standard that all Stockmeisters will be judged by. Even though you might not be at the matches for a while, the records you set (stated above) sets the bar for everyone to jump over (or under in this case).

Thanks for showing us that it is possible to shoot a Glock FAST and ACCURATE.

I was going to look up these scores and did find your 40.19 Unlimited Record (shot at Harvard 2001).

Now, will your record last as long as Maris's?

Regards,
    Frank

12. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Frank,

Thanks for the kind words. I just was never able to put together a match with all 3 stages being the best. I had a number of sub 10 runs on the plates. The problem was getting a good M with a good 5 to Glock when I had a good plate day. Just didn't happen or I would have had the sub 40 a couple of times. Oh well. Next life I guess. ;)

I doubt those will last long with the likes of BobbyC, Dale and a few others out there.

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

TJC,

Just sayin' it like it is... you are one of the Glock Champions (Grand Masters)...

I would like to suggest to DannyR (Coach) that we make a sticky Post for GSSF Forum that list the Top Ten Scores for each division, who shot it, where and when. Also, if possible, what model Glock they did it with along with as much detail about the setup as possible (sights used, etc.)

It will be our "GSSF Hall Of Fame".

This will allow all the new GSSF shooters to see what's been achieved and what to aspire to.

Regards,
    Frank

14. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I believe Scott Greenbaum AKA "Bullet Tooth" shot a clean match at Ft. Benning in 1999 with a 82 something and WON Am/Civ. I can't find my results and they are not on the GSSF web sight for that year.
    Dan :cool:

15. Fireglock

Bad data Dan. 1999 was under the old scoring system and Tom Mulheron won. Scott was 18th.

16. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Frank,

Great Idea. I'll work on it.

17. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Bullet Tooth did shoot a clean match, I think it was in Anderson, sc in the year 2000,not sure about this, and I'm sure Jerry will let us if this is incorrect!;f

18. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Coach,

Let me know how I can help! I don't mean for you to do all the work.. if you want, I can go through gssfonline to get a starting list unless you have access to another source.

Regards,
    Frank

19. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Scott
    Thanks for backing me up, I may have the match location incorrect, however I know Bullet Tooth shot a clean match!;)
    Dan:cool:

20. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Scott Greenbaum AKA. "Bullet Tooth" shot a clean match at Anderson S.C. in 2000. His scores were: 22.83 + 0; 22.58 + 0; 17.80 + 0 for a total winning score of 63.21. One of the best if not THE best AmCiv winning scores to date. Great job Scott.