close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Clean" LPP .45 Auto

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by WeeWilly, Jun 2, 2014.

1. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Nov 12, 2011
    Idaho
    So I was shooting at one of the private ranges I get to use occasionally. This range is awash in brass as the regulars that use it don't pick up their empties.

When I got home and started emptying the brass I had picked up, I noticed some LPP .45 Auto brass that was clean inside, just like the "non-toxic" SPP cases.

Has anyone seen or heard that manufacturers are now offering lead free LPP .45 Auto loads? The cases I found in this state were Federal, but they were not marked NT.

If this is old news, please forgive.

2. Kentguy

Kentguy

Nov 22, 2010
    Kent, OH
    WeeWilly,

I don't know if this is the same thing or not but two weeks ago I shot off some 124g Remington Golden Sabers w/nickel casings. I picked up one of the casings to inspect it and it was almost spotless! At the time I thought that was really weird considering I can not remember if I have ever seen a spent casing so clean before.

This was not just one casing but the whole box was clean inside after firing.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014

3. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Nov 12, 2011
    Idaho
    The ones I found were brass and Federal 45 Auto head stamp. They too were spotless inside just like the no lead SPP 45 ammo cases.

I guess I was a little hopeful they had started making the lead free primers in LPP size. In any case, somebody is making LPP's that are a whole lot cleaner than anything I have ever seen.