close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Class for UT permit in Indy

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by minuteman32, Jan 26, 2007.

1. minuteman32

minuteman32 NRA & GOA Life

Aug 20, 2004
    Central IN.
    Anyone interested in getting a UT permit, we're having a class on 2/10/07 @ Marion County Fish & Game Assn. @ 9 AM. (Check indyrange.com for directions.)

The combination of IN, UT & PA permits nets 31 states you can carry in (w/ OH being the closest that honors UT but not IN).

The class should last 3 hrs, or so, & costs $150. If you are a member of a national pro 2A organization (NRA, GOA, JPFO, etc.), $25 is deducted (membership forms will be available there). If you are a MCF&G member another $25 will be deducted, as well (will try to have info on that as well).

2. Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Jan 11, 2005
    NW Indiana
    Does OH honor a non-resident UT? Many states do not recognize non-res permits....

I have a UT already or I would be interested.

3. minuteman32

Aug 20, 2004
    Central IN.
    MI, NH, FL, SC, WV & possibly KS require resident permits. Of those MI, NH & FL recognize UT & IN permits. The other states honor neither IN nor UT. handgunlaw.us has a lot of good info regarding this & is updated VERY quickly.

4. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Count me in. :thumbsup:

What do I have to do besides showing up with ability to pay?

5. minuteman32

Aug 20, 2004
    Central IN.
    That's it. Just come w/ the class fee. I will do the class, notarize & sign off on the apps. & provide a fingerprint card. All that is required after that is for the applicant to make a copy of their ID, get their prints taken @ the LE agency of their choice, get a passport photo & send the app. to UT w/ their $59 fee.

See you there.

P.S. I will provide PA apps. for those that want them, too. All that gains is PA, but I make them available since FL is honored there & UT is not. (They are $26/5 yrs., to PA.)

6. cougar_guy04

cougar_guy04

Sep 11, 2006
    How often are these classes held? I can't swing it this time around, but I would be very interested because the UT permit would work well for me until I get my residence transferred to a 2A friendly state.

7. minuteman32

Aug 20, 2004
    Central IN.
    I'm going to try to do these, approximately quarterly, if possible.

8. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Sweet. I would like a PA application, please. Have family there.

See ya Feb 10. :)

9. cougar_guy04

cougar_guy04

Sep 11, 2006
    Cool. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next one.:thumbsup:

10. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    Are PA licenses/permits through the state now, or are they still issued through individual counties? If the latter, which county's applications to you have?

11. minuteman32

Aug 20, 2004
    Central IN.
    It is county by county. I use the Centre Co. apps. & can bring one on Thurs. if you like. Or you can download it from their website, if you prefer. Let me know.

12. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    Ah, technology! Do you have the link handy?

I also need to check and see when my Pennsylvania license expires!

13. minuteman32

Aug 20, 2004
    Central IN.