Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Clarification of Form1

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by xXGearheadXx, Jan 22, 2012.

1. xXGearheadXx

Aug 3, 2011
    Knoxville TN
    I'm in the process of building an SBR AR-15...I just need a little clarification on a few items on the Form 1 before i head out and get my fingerprints done this week and my paperwork in the mail...

1. I'm building this rifle from parts. The lower receiver is a DPMS. I assume that on question 4a, i write in "DPMS, St. Cloud MN, USA for this section. Is this correct? Or am i the manufacturer since i'm putting it all together?

2. Question 4b, type of rifle to be manufactured: I wrote "(3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches in length" per the instructions. Is this the correct wording?

3. Question 4f, the overall length of the rifle: Is this necessary since the length of the rifle will change as i collapse/extend the buttstock? Also, i won't really know the overall length of the rifle until it's constructed...and i don't intend to construct the upper receiver until my form is approved. How should i proceed with this question?

4. Question 4h: I wrote, "DPMS Panther arms, cal 223/5.56 mod a15" as it's written on the lower reciever? Is this the correct thing to put on this question?

5. Will the fact that the rifle is registered as a .300 blackout (per question 4c ) conflict with the markings on the lower (it says, cal .223/5.56)?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA