close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Clamp on bayonet lug-will it stay put?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by DNS, Aug 8, 2011.

1. DNS

DNS

Jun 15, 2002
    IN
    I have an old post-ban 20" with a muzzle brake. I just found an old clamp on style bayonet lug. If I use it will it stay in place or move forward from shooting it? Thought someone might have used one in the past. Thanks

2. STI

STI

Mar 4, 2003
    Cash,Texas
    It was more for looks and will scratch your barrel, without a flach hider you have no front support and why would you need it anyway?

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I installed one for a friend some years ago, never did understand why he wanted one.

Anyrate, get the .750" diamer one for a standard 20" barrel.
    Liberally coat the inside surface area of the adapter, that will contact the barrel,
    with red Locktite gel. This will act like a bedding compound, increasing the adapter's ability
    to get a grip to the barrel. And YES, use RED, it will hold up to the barrel's heat build up.

Keep the Locktite off the hardware, remove excess gel with a cloth & toothpick.
    Wait 4 hours before shooting.

Removal will be easy, no marks or scoring of the barrel.

4. DNS

DNS

Jun 15, 2002
    IN
    I do have a bipod that clamps to the bayonet lug. I had the lug years ago and just happened to find it again. Just something to do.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Makes sense,........maybe that's what Harry wanted one mounted for.
    Anyrate,........that will work. I think Brownells and Midway USA have them