close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

City Officials Powers

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by whoflungdo, Jul 26, 2012.

1. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS
    This is regarding two large city mayors that are trying to prevent Chick-Fil-A from opening locations in their cities because the owners do not support the Gay agenda and spend their money with organizations that do not support the Gay Agenda.

My question to you is:1) is the an abuse of power?
    2) is it legal, ethical, Constitutional for them to do so? Why or WHy not.
    3) if you say it is acceptable for them to do this, then what's the difference if they try to stop churches, synagogues, or mosques from coming into "their" city? Most Christian, Jewish and Muslim organization do not support the gay agenda and actively speak out against it. What's the difference.

2. truetopath

truetopath

Nov 26, 2011
    NY
    Well seeing as gay is the new black, and these cowardly mayors don't want to offend those who are light in their loafers. I think we're going to see a lot more of this bogus overreach of power.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    I don't oppose gay marriage in the least. That said:

What these mayors are doing is abhorrent. It is an abuse of power. It is unethical.

If they are blocking chick-fil-a where another fast food joint would be welcome, it is probably illegal.

4. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    If i was the ceo of chick I would get in front of a camera and say " i guess the city doesnt want the jobs or the tax revenue generated....I probably wouldnt want to place a business in unfriendly territory anyway.

5. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
  6. madbaumer

madbaumer

Mar 17, 2007
    Cental Florida
    This attention to Chic-Filet A just proves that the best advertising is the one you got for free.

7. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS
    I've finally found one thing Bloomberg and I agree on...

8. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

I think the blind hog (Bloomberg) just found an acorn.

9. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    True. If we had 'em here in Nevada, I probably would've gone.

I wonder if God is forbidding them to set up shop in this sinful state... :devildance: