close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Citadel 1911's???

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by tango44, Jan 20, 2010.

1. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    Hi I just want to ask if anyone have experience or any info with these guns?
    Are these made in the USA?
    Quality?
    Etc.

Thank you.

2. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

Aug 17, 2001
    Chesapeake, Va
    Armscor in Philipines if I'm not mistaken. Quality from what I've heard is about the same as Rock Island (which makes it a pretyy decent gun). Finish is better IMO. Also, all the models I've seen had decent sights with a Novak-style rear (haven't seen any GI style models).

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Built in the Philippines by Armscor, who also builds RIA and the old Charles Daly models, among others. Good pistols.

You don't find 1911s built in the USA for under $500.

4. Navitimer

Navitimer

Apr 29, 2009
    As far as a budget 1911 they're pretty solid. As others mentioned they are not U.S. made, which may or may not be a contributing factor for you. You may want to check out one of the 1911 forums for some additional background on the Armscor-made 1911s. I've never owned one, but the general consensus is that they are a pretty good pistol for the money.

5. Oaklands

Oaklands

Nov 25, 2009
    I've got an RIA 1911-A1 and another one from the Philippines a Metro Arms AC II Deluxe. I like them both. The ACII is a step up from the straight government issue but both shoot quite well and never had any problems.

6. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

Aug 24, 2009
    Lakeland,TN
    I really like my CS-Tactical,officers size.Has been very reliable and more accurate than I am.

[​IMG]