close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chuck box/camp kitchen

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by 02LimitedX, Dec 2, 2012.

1. 02LimitedX

02LimitedX
    Expand Collapse

Anyone else out there use one? My parents had one growing up and I'm getting back into camping so I decided to build one. It just keeps your camp kitchen stuff organized and in a grab and go state so it's just that much easier to go camping. ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1354498574.211621.jpg

ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1354498587.985202.jpg

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. 308endurdebate

308endurdebate
    Expand Collapse

Looks nice.

Haven't used one since I was a young boy scout. When we'd do long campouts, we'd bring the chuck. Of course, we never had a stove in ours, just pots, pans, utensils, and cooking basics (oil, spices, flour, sugar) and clean up stuff (soap, scrubbers). From what I remember, our opening flopped down and had metal cable that tied it to the top of the box and made it a working surface. It also had some kind of stand (when setup) and rope handles on the side to carry (lug) it to the camp site.

If you make the "door" a working surface, I'd think having one of the rollable cutting mats would be useful.

3. Tvov

Tvov
    Expand Collapse

That looks really good!

When we tent camped with the family we would use a bunch of plastic "tote" bins to store stuff. We ended up buying a camper 10 years ago.

I have always been interested in the "outdoor kitchen" setups, with the sink, work area, and shelves. It is a lot of equipment, though.

Something like this:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/GSI-55350-Camp-Gourmet-Kitchen/21987183

4. boomchakabowwow

boomchakabowwow
    Expand Collapse

I like that slot!