close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Christians torture boy, force him to dig his own grave

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Animal Mother, May 18, 2012.

1. Paul7

Paul7

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    delete

Last edited: May 18, 2012

2. Paul7

Paul7

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
  3. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    What is that exactly?
    Only the actions by those you dislike should be discussed?
    You'd have to ask the pastor I suppose, though he doesn't seem to be granting interviews.

4. The article said the subject did not require hospitalization, but, okay, so you've managed to find ONE (non-fatal) terrorist act by bad Christians.

Now you just have to find 18,907 more and Christianity and Islam will be at numerical (but not fatality) parity regarding terrorist attacks since 9/11. But you'd better hurry...Islam, unlike Christianity, keeps adding to its total daily. That's because Islam endorses terrorism, while Christianity does not. But you knew that.

5. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    So, you are alleging that Christ taught people to do this sort of thing. Please point out anything that Jesus said that would advocate this.

:upeyes:

6. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012
    That is the crime of this generation: the millions who claim to be christians yet have no clue what Christ's teachings are or what his commandments were on how we are to act.

Christ warned us not to be deceived because "many will come in My name". But they are just liars teaching their own doctrines.

7. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Hardly matters. The problem is that they take their religion so seriously that they would use such tactics on anyone in order to persuade/encourage them act as they believe their religion requires. It a legitimate example of the inherit danger of any moral doctrine one believes is delivered from a infallible supernatural being or force.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  8. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Would you like to discuss the dangers of having no moral doctrine?

Would you like to point out a consistant, codified moral doctrine that the large majority of those, who don't believe in you know they do.supreme being, adhere to. When did they ratify this code and where is it written down?

I ask this as an atheist who is bloody well tired of hearing other atheists shift their moral compass when ever it suits them and yet crow about their superiority to the Christians I know. Frankly I don't see it. In as much as religion has provided a basis for legal and moral codes in societies,I would like to know what consistent principles are going to replace religion and exactly how is that going to be ingrained in the populace in a consistent manner?

9. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    I am? Where did I say that?

10. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012
    Of course it matters. You can't see it because you think everybody who believes in Christ is a religious lunatic.

The problem is they think they are empowered to "judge others" and enforce their beliefs on them.... which is eaxctly the OPPOSITE of what Christ taught. Don't call these nuts christians because it just shows abject ignorance.

Whatever.

11. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    This is just another example of the disturbed mental and emotional state of most of the atheists in this forum.
    The EVIDENCE is clear.:rofl:

Must be a very sad and boring life to have to go into a forum and spew hate day after day. The desperation continues.:upeyes:

And once again, there is absolutely nothing you atheists can do to change people's beliefs.
    When does the violence start, atheists? When will you start beating up Christians and Jews? When will the burning of churches and synagogues begin? I ask because that is your only recourse and is in line with the hateful attitude you seem to enjoy. Even then you will fail. As you always do.

On the other hand, seeing shallow minded fools squirm is rather funny.:rofl:

12. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    You are implying Christians are bad. If Christians are actually followers of Christ, as they should be, you are inferring that Jesus taught them to do these things are you not? And if you are inferring such a thing, I would like to know where you think Jesus taught such a thing.

13. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    No, I'm outright stating that these Christians are bad. Do you disagree?
    I don't infer, you infer.
    And I'll repeat, you'll have to ask the pastor, though he doesn't seem to be giving interviews.

14. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Sure. Would you like to discuss the fact the belief in religion is not necessary for one to have a moral doctrine? Your second paragraph is unintelligible so I'm not sure how to respond to that.

If your coming from where I think you area I would respond as Aristotle did. "I have gained this from philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law"

I do not need law God's or Man's to tell me what is right. I do what I think is right because I think it is right.

As far as a replacement for religion regarding consistent morality, the fact that religion is so needed I see as a negative. That something such as religion may be needed to do so says a lot about human nature.

As far as how we might ingrain those principles into people consistently, I guess it will only be with the threat of punishment of some kind. God forbid we do something because we think it is the right thing to do.

15. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    I'm sure you would give the same deference to believers of Mohamed.

And for the record I think anyone that believes in any religion is a religious lunatic.

The problem is you think you are empowered to judge. Muslims claim the same. Don't call Islamic terrorists Muslims because it just shows abject ignorance.

Yeah whatever.

16. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    These people aren't followers of Christ if they think their actions were acceptable. Further, I am not asking a random paster, I am asking you.

17. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

I hear many people who use Islamic fanaticism, sucide bombings, honor killings and such, to show the dangers of religion. Why? how do we know that those things are wrong? (assuming you do) You "Believe" they are wrong because you were raised in a Christian society that told you things like that were wrong. If you had been raised in a fundamentalist Muslim society you wouldn't think so. Unless you want to try and claim that you, and we, are somehow genetically superior, the only real conclusion is "there, but for the grace of God, go I ".

Again. I say this as an atheist who has strong respect for the Christian heritage and all it has given us, but not a person with a belief in the story of creation or in the certain knowledge of heaven. I am tired of what I see has a bunch of full grown juveniles rebelling against the ways of their parents and unwilling to admit that their parents ways kept them in shelter, warmth and food. Fine to go out in the world on your own path but remember to be grateful to what as brought you to the point of decision.

18. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    No True Scotsman rides again!!
    I neither committed the acts nor am I attempting to justify them. I'm the wrong person to ask.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  19. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Obviously you presented the threat with an agenda in mind. What is your particular agenda? You are the right person to ask since the OP is yours.