close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Christ was never in Christmas

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by OctoberRust, Dec 3, 2012.

1. ArrowJ

ArrowJ

Jun 2, 2004
    Illinois
    I think it means it is quite possible to hold a high value on life, forgiveness, and loving others while at the same time believing in self defense without being odd. What does that verse mean to you?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

Yea, that's why if I'm going to pick an imaginary friend, I tend to side with Odin. He was a bad ass dude! I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to smash the hammer into an infidel's skull, not to mention drink meid from it while they all drank off their ass in Valhalla!

3. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    I think this is one if those times when Jesus really shows he's just a man. The walls are starting to close in on him and he's scared. He speaks about before being a time when they didn't need a wallet... And now is a time when they need a sword. I think his act of being this wise messiah is wearing slightly thin here... And for a moment... He's afraid.

4. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
    USA
    I think you are a major ********* (stupid censors...you know...vinegar and water bag...) and could not care one bit about you.

Get over yourself...no one cares about you at all.:steamed:

Wow. Being like you and that G36fool really feels awful. Do you ladies feel this bad all the time?

I will now return to my likable self! :innocent:

edit: seriously...no one cares what you think or feel. You guys are a momentary flare-up in the lower levels of perdition. Perhaps if there was ever a serious discussion in this forum, more people would participate. This has turned into a place where twisted children acting like smart-ladiesmen-athletes-but-who-are-really-fat-internet-homo-virgins-who-still-live-with-their-momma's can come and insult people. Well, you ladies can keep what you got going here and know that you ladies aren't fooling anyone.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  5. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

Jan 15, 2003
    Nebraska
    All right, which one of you smart-asses put the sand in Tilley's panties?

6. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    Hey Trolley. I thought you weren't gonna post here anymore until people like me left. :tongueout:

Man were you like seriously picked on in high school or something. You have serious self-esteem issues. By your own religious tenants... wouldn't us being virgins be a virtue if we've never married. But you use it as an insult. From your earlier claims to never return as long as people like myself were here, and this obvious contradiction towards your own faith... it would seem you've proven yourself to be a liar and a hypocrite. You Christians know how to do it don't ya?

7. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    It just means we can control tons of people and get fat sacks of cash if we have kids while we're "virgins". :rofl:

8. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    Can you share the ancient sources which verify this claim?

9. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

But, why are you so angry and bitter? There has to be more. Don't you want to figure it out? Or do you want to go through life the way you are now?

10. ArrowJ

ArrowJ

Jun 2, 2004
    Illinois
    In that case I am a little confused by your strong implication that Christians do not even understand the Bible if they believe Jesus would tell his disciples to carry a gun. Why even write that post when you actually believe He told his disciples to arm themselves when He realized He was not God? You seem to follow this pattern quite often.

Step one: imply that Christians are interpreting the Bible wrong. Step two: read the response that does not go the way you thought it would i.e. someone that has actually read the Bible responds. Step three: respond with an entirely different problem with Christianity than you first mentioned.

11. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    Because I know how some Christians interpret that verse. And I like to use it against them.

The Christian believes Christ is holy and perfect and promotes peace, love, and turning the other cheek. But if he is also promoting buying a sword and taking up arms this makes the messiah a hypocrite. And the Christian likes to absorb contradictions and claim it's the one pointing them out that doesn't understand the bible correctly. If Jesus was true to his style he would have told them to give their swords to those who would live by the sword, give their belongings to the poor and let the father's will be done.

However I see the Christ Character as just a man if he ever even truly existed. And here we see all his bluster and big talk about praying for your enemy and turning the other cheek wearing thin. He knows he's running out of time, he's pissed off the wrong people, and he's afraid for his life.

Either route pokes holes in him being this perfect individual.

12. ArrowJ

ArrowJ

Jun 2, 2004
    Illinois
    So it is your belief that one cannot tell others to prefer love, kindness, peace, etc. while at the same time having the right to self defense? Perhaps you tell your children to prefer hate, meanness, war, etc. so that when they see you carrying a gun they do not think you are two faced?

13. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    We're not talking about me... we're talking about the obvious contradiction in your Messiah's outlook in his final moments versus the philosophy he preached prior to that.

14. ArrowJ

ArrowJ

Jun 2, 2004
    Illinois
    Okay, so it was hypocritical for JESUS to teach peace at one point, but self defense later? Why is it hypocritical for him, but not for you and I?

If I tell my sons that they are not to fight on Monday, but tell them to fight back on Friday would it be an obvious contradiction? Is it possible that I have more to teach them than just the part I cover on Monday?

Edit: Bottom line I believe you are arguing a false dichotomy. In short, it is possible for me to believe in peace AND self defense. If it is possible for me it was possible for Jesus.

15. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    Possible yes. But was it consistent with his overall teachings? Jesus preached non-violence, love, peace, turning the other cheek when you were stricken... not striking back in self defense or even striking first to prevent being stricken, praying for your enemy, having little possessions, selling all you have and giving it to the poor, and being meek.

And then in one little moment, one brief little snipit, he contradicts himself. I think out of fear. Almost as if to say "You know all the stuff I said about turning the other cheek and giving away all you have... yeah screw that... get you a wallet and a sword."

If you teach your sons to turn the other cheek when they are stricken on Monday and then tell them to fight back on friday... yeah... you're a hypocrite.

I teach my little girl that the one who wins a fight is the firstest with the mostest.

16. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Hmmm, you want Christians to accept your interpretation of Jesus' teaching when you don't even believe he is the messiah?

The world is full of hypocrites - Christian and otherwise.

I think your idea of who wins in fights might be a bit off too.

17. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas
    so guys back on topic.

We all agree now that christmas is not a christian holiday, and originated from Saturnalia - a week of lawlessness where men got together and had gay sex with each other while beating their wives? :supergrin: :dunno:

18. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    Because way back then they didn't have a day to celebrate Christs birth day. They chose 12/25 because it was close to, or was, a pagan holiday; and the old Roman Christian leaders were trying to convert pagans. They felt it would be easier if Christs birth day coincided with their pagan holiday. Very old records indicate that Christ was actually born in the early spring. And so what difference does it really make?

19. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    Actually it says in the Bible (paraphrased) if you own a cloak and no sword, then sell your cloak and buy a sword. Jesus never meant for anyone to not defend their self.

20. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)