close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chris Kyle murdered

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by s&wfan, Feb 2, 2013.

1. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    We should be very grateful that the world once gave us such a great man as Chris Kyle. Men like Chris are the reason we remain free today. Thank you Chris Kyle and all who have served this country with such honor and bravery:patriot:
    [​IMG]

2. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    I'd pull the lever right now:steamed:
    [​IMG]

3. Boots45acp

Boots45acp Harley TriGlide

Mar 24, 2009
    High Desert
    Rest in Peace my Brother.
    You will be missed.

4. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

have you ever worked with disabled vets?

some of them react adversely to gunfire (imagine that!). The organizations we have dealt with always have them vetted through either the VA or their own docs. Plenty of them are just not ready to go on a hunt.

5. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    A lot of us who have been shot at react adversely to gunfire. I used to flinch a lot when there was unexpected gunfire after taking rounds regularly from a hostile enemy in an undeclared war. I would go to a range, and hear a volley randomly go off on the other side of an adjacent burm and look instinctively for cover. When I left to investigations I had to deal with kids who have never been shot at, when I would flinch and look for cover by instinct, they thought that was funny. It took awhile to get past that.

I never once considered murdering my green brothers. A lot of people in uniform, not just the military, deal with PTSD. The issue is, there is help for folks in declared conflicts. For the LEOs there is only a code of silence that usually leads to alcohol abuse and suicide in the worst of circumstances. Rarely, ever do you find blue on blue PTSD murders that I know of.

So, like I said, I just don't get it. I understand what PTSD is. I understand what it is like to get over it on my own. I don't understand the desire to murder your freinds and fellow brothers. I'll never understand that. I doesn't make sense.

PTSD is more when there is a stimulous that reminds of being in that situation and you react, you also get angry easier, and you get moodier easier. I understand that part, I have been there. To this day, if you jump out and say "Boo!" I am more inclined to knock your block off and ask questions later. In my mind, hesitation means you have already lost.

But, murdering your fellow friends and brothers. I will never, ever, get that.

The worst that would happen to my brothers in green is drunken fist fights. That is pretty much the norm.

6. Teej

Teej

Oct 16, 2008
    I appreciate each and every service person and vets which would include my father, family members and a whole lot of friends.

But I pray they don't play this BIG PTSD card here. Complete investigation, get all questions, facts evidence and motive covered and tried. If and when found guilty, kill the bastard!

Yes he served in two combat zones, but he crossed the line and it is time to be put down. Swift Texas justice.

He used a handgun so this was up close and personal. I heard one account I'm guessing from the hunter that found the bodies, that they were both shot in the back. This piece of crap deserves a firing squad!!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...rder-of-ex-navy-seal-chris-kyle-and-a-friend/

7. moeman

moeman

Feb 15, 2004
    So CA
    My apologies.. A lot has been read into my post... I meant this in the sense of a warrior/gladiator not that he deserved anything.

Me, I'd rather die by shark attack doing what I like to do scuba/snorkeling than spend months in an ICU bed as a sick person then die-- I see this a lot in my world.

So, please accept my apology-- I kind of think that Chris would get this.. Working w/ PTSD vets has risk just like working w/ other mental situations.

He was the ultimate warrior.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  8. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

thanks for clearing that up.

9. platform

platform

Sep 15, 2007
    What a tragedy.
    Chris Kyle and his friend got murdered by the person they wanted to help.

Just wish Chris's legacy and achievements are celebrated and honored the way he wanted to.

as for the murderer. hope they do not kill them till they learned how his brain worked to do this....

One thing I noticed when reading the article -- is that the murder's mother knew that something was wrong with his behavior (she actually contacted Chris for help)...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Glad to hear it. My apologies for my comments.

11. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying.

12. BigSpenda864

BigSpenda864

Jul 31, 2012
    South Carolina
    I'm glad you came back and addressed you're earlier statement. I thought it was being misinterpreted but it didn't look good. Chris Kyle was a true patriot and a hero in my mind. God rest his soul.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    Chris Kyle is a hero. On top of that he died trying to help his fellow vets. This is tragic.

R.I.P. Chris Kyle.

14. sum-dum-guy

sum-dum-guy

Feb 3, 2007

My apologies also.

I was pretty pissed about this:

http://twitchy.com/2013/02/03/twisted-ghouls-descend-on-murder-victim-chris-kyle/

and probably misconstrued your intent

15. sum-dum-guy

sum-dum-guy

Feb 3, 2007
    Chris Kyle was no stranger to PTSD and had been actively involved in helping others for quite a while. I am suspicious that he was taken by surprise. A lifetime of survival and "trusting your gut" and a finely tuned sense of danger.....and taken out like this?

Dunno....just strikes me as very weird. Hopefully we will find out.

16. LawScholar

LawScholar

Aug 23, 2011
    Wyoming
    Thanks for clarifying, sorry for lashing out. A very emotional subject.

17. kostnerave

kostnerave

Sep 4, 2010
    RIP brother! Prayers to family and friends. Thank you for your service.

18. sum-dum-guy

sum-dum-guy

Feb 3, 2007
  19. This truly makes me absolutely sick. What a true American Hero, fallen in his prime - only 38.

I bought his book as soon as it came out and really enjoyed it. The way he wrote, it felt like you were sitting at a bar with him listening to him tell his war stories. Great writing voice. He just seemed like a damned fine human being and an example for everyone.

I bought a patch & hat from his company after I learned about it through his book.

Just bought a t-shirt & beanie to wear, show my support for him, and financially support his family now that this has happened.

www.thecraft.com

This is just so damned sad.

20. Her account has already been suspended!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire