close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CHP and instant check

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by johnydoe, Sep 17, 2007.

1. johnydoe

johnydoe

Apr 17, 2007
    If you have a CHP and buying a gun at a gun shop, do you still have to do the instant background check?

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Millennium Member

Oct 6, 1999
    Virginia
    ..and you can buy more than one a month/30days/31days or whatever it is.

There is still the one/month rule isn't it?

3. If you have a CHP you can purchase more than one handgun/month:

VA code-§ 18.2-308.2:2

2. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to....

h. A person who holds a valid Virginia permit to carry a concealed handgun

...however I suspect they will be watching carefully. Many years ago I miscounted the days and was off by 1 when a purchased a handgun and they ran the NICS check--I had to come back the next day to pick up my new firearm.

4. Navy87Guy

Navy87Guy Salty Dog

Dec 4, 2004
    Stafford VA
    As stated, you still have to go through the check, but my experience has been the process takes seconds. Your name flags very quickly as a "good guy", even when the system is running slow.

Jim

5. bulwaagh

bulwaagh

Apr 27, 2005
    Augusta Co, VA
    My checks take less than 5 mins. I did have one hicuup when my local dealer put in my birthdate incorrectly. He came back and said I was denied, I almost choked.... He then laughed and said it was his fault, he put my birthdate in wrong, and I had to sign the corrected portion of the forms.

It usually takes longer for the FFL dealer to ring me up than it takes for the background check.