string(2) ", "

Choked Up Today -Vietnam

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by doc540, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Both humbled and honored today when my friend, Larry McCabe, surprised me with his Dak To (Hill 875), North Vietnamese, battle flag and militaria he's had since he was seriously wounded on that awful hill.

Larry took two, through-and-through AK rounds but after rehab insisted on returning to his squad instead of taking the ticket home.

It's the most significant gift a friend has ever given me. I will keep and treasure until I draw my last breath on God's green earth.:patriot:

May God bless and keep ALL soldiers and patriots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. brought tears to my eyes too....that war cost me and mine so much! long time passing....

3. crater

crater NRA Member

Thank you Doc, and many prayers and best wishes for Larry. It sure is getting dusty in here.....

4. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I saw a NV flag flying over Saigon, 28April1975.

5. Thanks for your service. I was 4 years old when that happened, but I have vague memories of that time (maybe not the exact date), and remember how mad my dad was (101st 66-67).

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ohub Campfire mobile app

6. I was based in Pleiku and had to run a quick mission to Dak To. It was a quiet day. Ended up over in Laos dropping sensors on the Ho Chi Minh Trail later in the day.

Still bitter about Nixon's "peace with honor"... Very few politicians have any. Especially our current leadership.

#6 Big Bang, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  7. What a great gift. Thanks to all of you for your service. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

8. THANK YOU FOR MY FREEDOM. My dad was over there with you guys. His remains are now in FORT ROSACRANS.