close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CHL permit in Alexandria

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by vote Republican, Oct 31, 2008.

1. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

Aug 23, 2002
    OAF Mecca, MD
    A coworker of mine lives in Alexandria & wants to get his VA CHL. Is there anything he can/should do locally, or just do the permit through the VA state police website? Any advice I should pass on to him?

It looks like you have to take a course, any recommendations?

2. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

Apr 17, 2002
    Shoots through schools
    I teach a CCW course. Easiest is prior service and a dd-214. Next to that is Home Firearms Safety from the NRA.

He'll have to fill out the app, go to the Sheriff's dept or PD, then to the clerk of the court.

3. Check out the VA state police website, it list the qualification procedure and other requirements. The forms ca nbe downloaded from their website too.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtm

In Fairfax County you just go to the clerk of the court, not PD. Check with the court on where to submit the application and save some running around.

4. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

Aug 23, 2002
    OAF Mecca, MD
    Yeah, but do you have any references?

:supergrin:

what's the order, course, then get the app at the court/sheriff, then PD to turn it in? Or should he just do the course first & figure it out from there?