China Steals America's Seed Corn; industrial espionage

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Silas.soule, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Red China won't stop! From Imax movie technology to genetically engineered corn, they will steal anything, it appears. Below is a New York Times article about how China's agent literally snuck out to the field and dug up the seed.

Oh, "Red China" is such an old term, I bet those born after 1970 seldom hear it. I use it to distinguish mainland China from our friend and ally, Taiwan. Taiwan is where Asus and Acer computers come from. Do buy products made in Taiwan, so that country can buy military hardware to ward off mainland China. Otherwise

BOYCOTT CHINA! We may not bankrupt them, but we can deny them a modern aircraft carrier or two.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    China Steals IMAX Technology Political Issues Feb 4, 2014
    Remember that glass bridge in China The Okie Corral Yesterday at 5:13 PM
    China dumping US debt The Okie Corral Yesterday at 12:40 PM
    US pulls spies in China due to computer hack The Okie Corral Sep 30, 2015
    Knife prices and china Survival/Preparedness Forum Sep 27, 2015

3. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

They can keep our GMO corn. It'll go well with the rest of their toxic food production.

4. Maybe we should design corn seed that grows fine for a few weeks, and then turns into monster corn that destroys every plant within a 2 mile radius. Trick 'em. I bet China would never steal from us again.
  5. It is near impossible to boycott China. That said, it should come as no surprise they continue to steal intellectual property. How do we stop it? That's the hard part. Private companies can only do so much but then people, many whom post here, are vehemently against tactics the government can use.
  6. professorpinki

professorpinki Bumbling idjit