Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Check those BIC disposable lighters

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Dirk Pitt, Mar 13, 2012.

1. yukon2004

Aug 31, 2011
    Irving, Texas
    I'm about a pack a day smoker and use the Bic's. I've actually never had a problem with them. I keep two in my car, carry one in my pocket, have two in my EDC bag, several inside the house, and two or three on the table on our patio. The only thing I've ever noticed to effect them is when they are cold, or when you accidentally run them through the washing machine.... BUT THEY STILL WORK once they dry out of course!!! :) :) :)
  2. W.E.G.

Sep 20, 2005
    all over Virginia
    Always check the integrity of your preps.

Bic disposables have been my personal gold standard.
    Been using them without any unexplained failures since the the 70's.

3. DrSticky

Nov 28, 2005
    When I smoked, I have left lighters in my car and came outside to have a new lighter doing the "Poof" you mentioned. I have also come out to the car to find pieces of lighter all over the car. I suspect both had a lot to do with the Arizona Sun. The former being a pressure release to avoid the latter's fate.
  4. G19freak

Nov 26, 2001
    I quit smoking over 2 years ago but still keep a Bic in my pocket daily even though it never gets used-------just reached in my pocket and pulled it out and it fired right up.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012