close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Check out this Polish MSBS modular rifle I saw at Shot Show 2013

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by mixflip, Jan 20, 2013.

1. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEIDAk2bSR4"]Shot Show 2013 Radom MSBS modular rifle system - YouTube[/ame]

2. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    Wow! That is impressive VERY Ambi and great ergos. I wonder what it will be priced at? IF we ever see them here.

Thanks for posting that!

3. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    Too bad I didn't run into you up at SHOT. :)

4. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    Looks cool. I'd rather have a SCAR, though.

5. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Looks very impressive. I doubt we will ever see one for sale locally but I hope I am wrong.

6. RHVEtte

RHVEtte

Nov 20, 2007
    Damn, the Tavor's got some competition for top foreign rifle on my wishlist. I really hope they import some SA versions.

7. Reswob

Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    VA
    Looks like an ACR to me...

8. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Did the ACR have a user configurable ejection feature? Or a forged aluminum lower?

9. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I didnt even know you were going? I would have loved to have cruised Shot with you braddah. My camera man actually couldnt make it so I was by myself.

Then I got sick as a dog and didnt even go on Friday. Im actually still sick as I write this lol. Lots of germs at Shot.

Reminder...carry a bottle of antibacterial gel next time.

10. That is pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind one if they are ever allowed to be imported.

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    The guy said "looks like", not "is" or "a clone of".

All these guns look like plastic fishes to me.

12. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    I needed a new black rifle, so I brought up 3 of my guys to help carry it. ;)

[​IMG]

Actually, I am working on a few projects and needed to do some hand shaking. Very productive show and we had a great time. We will be back next year.

13. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    To me the bullpup is much more interesting. It has the great for a bullpup mag release of the Micro Tavor, good ergos, the limited non-reciprocating ambi charging handle of the acr, adjustable gas, a second mag release in more snag free but standard bullpup location, and it is using pmags in every picture and video I see.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  14. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Looks like a nice plinker. :wavey:

15. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    I went hands on with the MSBS back in November and was very impressed. I can't wait to see these get wrung out.

IMO, both this and the ARX-160 eat the Tavor's lunch in terms of form factor and ergos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Reswob

Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    VA
    Sorry, you WANT an unnecessarily heavy metal lower? Polymer is the future. The left handed ejection I don't care about, neither do most. Unless the Polish knock off is significantly cheaper, I'd rather have an ACR

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    What do you expect from RADOM. They have a long history of making AK's so Im not surprised they stuck to a metal lower. Who knows...they my go with polymer later since these are late stage working prototypes?

I give credit where credit is due. These guys are making a good gun. Period. (so far that is lol)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  18. Reswob

Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    VA
    Well, frankly I expected them to keep making AK variants! Not trying to bash RADOM (I'm actually glad they are trying to improve US market presence), but there doesn't seem to be anything new or exciting about this rifle. Unless you desperately crave left-hand ejection, or it comes to market much cheaper than an ACR, I don't see anyone buying this over an ACR. Now if, on the other hand, they started selling more of their AK type rifles in the US, I'd be getting excited.

19. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    I do.

Carbines take a lot more abuse than pistols do. This is the reason why the Remington Defense ACR has a metal lower and the Bushmaster ACR has a cheap plastic lower.

There's also the issue of protecting the user when something goes wrong.

At least with the MSBS you probably won't see any recall notices, loose barrels, 6 MOA rested groups, etc.

The ACR is a steaming pile. I have no idea why someone would want to own one.

BTW, here's what Travis Haley had to say:

20. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Well from what I heard from the reps, the MSBS is being developed for the future warrior program and the Polish Army. I dont think they care if they sell a single rifle to you or me or any American. While we are a big market to sell to, I dont think they are designing it specifically to break into the oh so lucrative ACR market?

As much as I dont like the ACR you'd think I hate this gun.

So far...if I were a Polish soldier, I'd be excited to get this gun.