close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Check out this new pro-military site!!

Discussion in 'US Military Services' started by anticentipede, Jul 11, 2008.

1. 3/325

3/325 Infidel Artist

Sep 28, 2006
    Kingston, WA
    It's not a pro-military (patriotism) site, it's a petition site to keep gays out of the military (political). When I was in, it was don't ask/don't tell. If that's still true, it doesn't equate to open enrollment for gays; it just means "keep your mouth shut".

I'm no fan of openly supporting homosexuality in the military. Men and women still have separate barracks/quarters for a reason. If homosexuality is supported, then they may as well make all living facilities co-ed.

2. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

Jul 10, 2006
    Littleton, Colorado

I have news for you... Co-ed has been going on for years now in MOS that aren't gender exsclusive.

3. 3/325

3/325 Infidel Artist

Sep 28, 2006
    Kingston, WA
    So men and women bunk together in the same room?

Now I'm sorry I got out.

4. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002
    USofA!
    Last I knew (dated info) males and females would be in the same building but there would be a seperate area or floor for the females. Seeing the new style buildings (similar in design to a "outside door" hotel/motel) I've no idea. I'd imagine in those there are no restrictions as to what sex gets what room.

I'm sure there is still plenty of "bunking together" regardless of the (ever decreasing) regulations.

5. CPT_CRUNCH

CPT_CRUNCH P.O.W.

Jul 16, 2008
    JBLM, WA
    men and women dont bunk in the same rooms. barracks/quarters are more like college dorms now. you might have the opposite sex living next door or down the hall. but once again there is no co-habitation of the opposite sex in the same rooms.

6. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Feb 15, 2006
    Las Vegas
    At least not officially!

I saw lots of co-habitation and even some co-co-habitation...

7. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

Jul 10, 2006
    Littleton, Colorado

Depends where you’re at. On my second tour when I was at the evac hospital in Baghdad the med unit had several Docs of both sexes sharing rooms. I also saw entire platoons of support troops sharing open squad bays in Uzbekistan. I won’t even mention accommodations during the initial invasion. BS that they don’t share rooms. What happens in the States is a whole lot different than what happens over seas.