close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cheaperthandirt Glock Price gouging

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by trekgod3, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trekgod3

trekgod3 Quad-Glocker

Jun 2, 2010
    Jupiter, FL
  2. Hyena

Hyena

Jan 4, 2013
    Texas
    One reason I don't give them my business.

3. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    I just added 50 to my cart, and let it sit in checkout (don't have an account with them...)

4. Lol..

Edit: Holy smokes they raised the prices of their 10mm ammo too!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. BlackOD

BlackOD

Jan 19, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    They did this in 2008 also.

I vowed to never spend another dime with them in an e-mail
    and to this day, I have held to this. To many quality vendors out there to waste time on them.

6. I haven't made a purchase from them in about two years now because of this practice they do. Maybe I too just might add 50 to my non existent cart....

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. AR15 guy

AR15 guy

Feb 26, 2005
    WV
    I understand a slight increase...maybe a few bucks. But CTD loves tripling price on crap when the panic is going on.

I will never buy anything from them again.

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    It is rumored that their initial name was "STUPIDER THAN DIRT", but they had ONE customer who was only as stupid as a tree, caught it, protested, and so they changed that 1st word...viola, everyone was happy.

9. Copis

Copis

Dec 30, 2007
    They did it in 1994 as well

10. elijah58

elijah58

Feb 6, 2012
    Cassatt, SC
    Just used the contact link to send this message: "I can't believe you guys! You have raised the prices on the Glock & kci mags by 300-400% since this ban scare started. I know you had these in stock for a while and didn't pay anywhere close to this for them! Never again will I purchase anything from this sight!! Completely price gouging, no. Other explanation, it really tells where you loyalty lies, with the money, not with the customers that keep You alive. Maybe more people will be thinking this way and you will see that you can't just screw your customer anyway you can!! They will not stand for it!"

I know it will not help unless many people do the same but it makes me feel better.
    Eli

11. Swipter

Swipter

Jan 5, 2013
    On a similar subject, there is a locally owned shop where I live (where I did my CCW) where I bought 9mm ammo for $17 per box of 50 one week ago. I called him two days ago. Now he is charging $27 per box of 50 for the same stuff. This is not nice Hornady ammo or something. This shoots in the 19 just fine yet a little dirty. I won't buy from him again and won't buy that and can't believe anyone would.

12. Glockstore prices have remained the same. Kudos to them!

I haven't checked Glockmeister.

13. captaintrips

captaintrips

Aug 16, 2012
    Not to defend CTD, I will not do business with them either. But businesses usually will charge the consumer based on replacement cost for them.

Let's say during normal times they buy a mag for $10 then sell it on the website for $15....now crap goes down and to buy more from the manufacture they will have to pay $20 per mag....they will raise the price of existing merchandise to cover new purchases. Thus a mag they paid $10 for now goes for $25.

14. Green Teabagger

Green Teabagger

Jan 4, 2005
    FL
    your loss i just got 5 of these mags better get them before there banned

15. BobbyT

BobbyT

Jul 27, 2008
    I'm sorry you folks don't understand how markets work, but for any interested:

Demand skyrocketed. Supply cannot adjust in the short term. Either prices rise to make demand balance supply, or you have a shortage (cheap mags you can't buy). As an added bonus, the higher prices incentivize supply expansion.

The great part about a free market is that if you think the price increases are unwarranted, you don't have to buy. The people who do will either be shown to be foolish or smart in the long run.

16. I agree to an extent, but why aren't the other companies doing it? It's because they won't raise their prices until they actually have to buy the item at the higher cost. Then they will be forced to charge more.

17. jaxxx

jaxxx

Jan 3, 2006
  18. CincyBrad

CincyBrad

Jan 2, 2004
    Ohio
    You do have to look at replacement cost, but there is a problem with this theory. Glock hasn't increased MSRP to distributors, it's the same as it was before this started. CTD, to my understanding, has a direct distributor account with Glock for mags. So, thier replacement cost is exactaly the same as it was 2 months ago, they have just decided to rape people for as much money as possible.

Same thing is going on with Pmags, Magpul hasn't raised thier MSRP with direct distributors either, yet people are selling them for $60/each.

19. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    CTD has lost my business for life, Midway and many others will benefit from their policies.

20. They once blamed boys scouts as being an non trustworthy group. It was at a jamboree at the speedway in Ft Worth. Since then I have Never bought from them and recommend none one else do either.

They are scumbags as you can see.

BTW my son is an Eagle Scout and I believe in BSA as a great org for boys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.