close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cheap over the little things!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by SigFTW, Jul 20, 2012.

1. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    Went to a indoor gun range to shoot my new P226, first time there. They give me the rules and start reading over them and get to number 18 "LEAVE ALL SPENT CASINGS ON FLOOR. NO PICKING UP OF BRASS IS ALLOWED." I handed the form back to the girl and said "I won't be shooting here" and left.

I can drop big bucks on guns and not think twice, but to leave my spent brass for the gun range, HECK NO!!! It's mine!!!! my precious, precious!! how dear they try to take my $10.00 worth of precious, precious brass! :steamed: It's not a very reloader (is that a word?) friendly gun range.

As I am driving away I think to my self, you cheap ba*tard, you left and did not shoot because of $10.00 worth of brass.:faint:

But it's sooooooo hard to leave my precious, precious!

Ho-well, I'll hit the range by the house, they let you pick up your precious, precious.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. 4 glocks

4 glocks

Jun 29, 2010
    I am sure it's for saftey reasons as most brass lands in the fireing lane. $10 worth of brass? How many rounds were you going to shoot? If you owned the range would you want people going down range to get a few $$$ of brass. Good luck with you new 226.

3. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

May 1, 2010
    Las Vegas
    I assume it is for both safety reasons, and to resell the brass. How do they feel about revolver shooters keeping their brass, I wonder.

4. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    That is a good point however they have a sigh up that says "No Steel or Aluminum Case Ammo" ???

5. arclight610

arclight610

Dec 2, 2009
    Then it's clear that they want the brass for money.

6. 45caldan

45caldan

Aug 27, 2007
    central Florida
    I also would go somewhere else!
    I DO have an indoor and outdoor range that doesn't have such a rule that I can go to!

7. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Dec 21, 2002
    Texas
    A indoor range opened locally a couple years ago. They tried that for a while. It didn't go over big and now you can pick up your brass and any other brass that's laying around.

8. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

When I go to the range, I pick up ALL reloadable cases........

If there were no rules, there would be no brass left. It would all be picked up by those who shoot there.

Not sure how that relates to this thread.........

ooc

9. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

Jan 25, 2008
    New England
    Never heard that one before. Yea, I'd be looking for another range as well.

10. Dawolf

Dawolf

Sep 18, 2010
    Arizona
    The indoor range I use allows you pick up your brass, unless you buy a bag range reloads, then you are not supposed to. Technically, you are only supposed to police your own brass, but I see a lot of people picking all the can collect.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL

I have to ask - did you go there or just hear about the indoor range?? :whistling:

12. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    How much did it cost you in gas for the round trip & going to another range?

$ wise I'm thinking you should have shot there, left the brass and then not return.

With gas over $3/gal you have to do the math.

13. 9jeeps

9jeeps

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    I've left ranges for various reasons more simple that policing my brass. Like RO's not monitoring the kids on the range. Our local range collected all the spent Bullets as well.

14. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Sep 6, 2001
    For those types of ranges, wheelguns are your friends.

15. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Just because my gun ejects brass, doesn't make the brass any less mine.

16. Happy Hunting

Happy Hunting

Jul 27, 2010
    DC
    A range by me makes you buy their rifle ammo and you can't touch the brass. "It becomes the property of Hoover Tactical when the case hits the floor". Cheapest 223 bullets they have are PMC Bronze for $7.50/20 rounds. Pretty expensive, no?

17. ^^ This. tom.

18. Perfect reason for a brass catcher....if it never hits the floor its not theirs :tongueout:

19. LibertyPatriot

LibertyPatriot

Mar 11, 2011
    That kind of policy would make me shoot through a bag of some sort to catch the brass. Just make sure it doesn't hit the floor.