close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cheap factory ammo in philippines?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by vic2_187, Aug 22, 2005.

1. vic2_187

vic2_187

hello, does anyone know where i can find cheap factory ammo in the philippines? even if its armscor ok lang, i will just be using it for target practice... 9mm... pls let me know gunstore and price of the ammo...

thanks

2. MELBU

MELBU Ann2Tero

Armscor

Cheap if you buy direct to the factory.

But if you buy in stores, its not cheap.;)

3. toxic

toxic

try http://hk54.gunserver.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400938
    i think jundeleon is selling a few hundred 9mm ammos if im not mistaken.

4. theTactician

theTactician

I think Armscor is still the cheapest pero quality din naman kahit mura lang.

5. vega

vega

Aren't they one of the sponsors last world shoot?

vega

6. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Yes they are one of the sponsors, but I think most of the name shooters used their own loads tailored to their guns.

7. zorkd

zorkd

armscor the best, mura na, quality pa.

i use armscor for all my ammo needs, except for winchester silvertips on my wheelies when i can afford them.

8. riddler

riddler

Why not conduct a shoot where everybody uses the same factory ammo (same box/lot number) duly provided by the organization and opened only at the match. This eliminates the unfair advantage of some who has the capability to fine tune the load to the individual's gun. I have friends from both sides of the fence and they all admit that such a distinct advantage do exist.

If one has to compete, they should compete on a level playing field. Otherwise, it is not a matter of skill anymore but of economics IMHO!

9. tanduay

tanduay

Just buy once fired brass and fmj head from armscor and let stronghand to the reloading.

10. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

What if the individual tunes his gun to the factory ammo? It would be unfair for the others who can't afford to modify their guns. The only way to level the playing field is to use the same gun, same ammo, and same gear for the whole match. That's like F1 racing with all the same cars, no fun at all. :)

11. Allegra

Allegra

Level na rin naman lahat basta may minimum power factor
    anyways, it doesnt cost more to tune your ammo
    Pili ka lang ng powder/heads cominations. parePareho lang presyo nila.
    Anyway , ammunition doesnt win matches
    The same guys would win kahit bigyan mo ng pare parehong bala

12. riddler

riddler

That is why there are shoots using stock pistols.

Since you aptly correlated it to racing, you probably have not been to a NASCAR race. Well, I have and I can honestly say that it is stupendously fun and exciting. The guts/skill/experience of the driver and the efficiency of the pit crew are what makes or breaks a team,....... not the car for they are all made to the same exacting specifications.

But then again, if you prefer to bank on your wallet rather than on your skill to win a match that is your prerogative. Just don't cry foul or use this as an excuse when someone who has a lot more money to put in a pistol beats you in a tourney. ;e

This was exactly what happened during the IPSC shoot that was held in Cebu a couple of years ago. A lot of pinoy shooters griped about their low chance of getting recognition because foreigners and overseas-based pinoy shooters were outshooting them "only because of better guns and highly controversial ammo" (quoted verbatim from one of the shooters)

13. riddler

riddler

True but not in all cases! Some of these guys have so much talent that the average Juan dela Cruz with a $10K pistol with topnotch ammo would not win against them. But when they are pitted against people of similar skill levels, minor mods to the ammo does make a difference.

14. Allegra

Allegra

This was exactly what happened during the IPSC shoot that was held in Cebu a couple of years ago. A lot of pinoy shooters griped about their low chance of getting recognition because foreigners and overseas-based pinoy shooters were outshooting them "only because of better guns and highly controversial ammo" (quoted verbatim from one of the shooters) [/B][/QUOTE]

By a couple of years ago in Cebu would you mean the World Shoot or the Australasian Championships?
    It cant be the WS because the Philippines won every team division champs except for standard div., tapos atin pa ang Ladies champ.

It cant be the Australasia, US Team member JJ Racaza was there and his gun malf , so it was their equipment that failed not ours.
    Kami naman sa Standard team aabang abang pa sa Aussies , yun pala this wonder kid from Davao blew us away with a spectacular performance hehehe

dont worry about pinoy shooters being under armed.
    that simply is not the case, and ipupusta ko bank account ng top pinoy shooter sa top US shooter.mayaman ang pinoy IPSC shooter
    Kasi unfortunately for the pinoy, only the rich here can afford IPSC.
    And they can afford the best equipment
    And that is why konti lang ang talent pool dito sa atin
    The same guys lang ang naglalaban laban each division

15. toxic

toxic

There are lots of good shooters back home who can Whoop some GM behinds ..SPONSORS lang Problema.

16. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Yes, i've been to a NASCAR race in the states. I got dizzy. ;f To each his own really, i prefer F1 and WRC.

Where did you get that idea. Let me see, who was complaining? ;Q

I'm also hearing that now in the recent world shoot. But the reason is not money but availability of the guns locally.

17. riddler

riddler

Allegra,

This was the one where a Frenchman, Eric Grauffel was the world champion. IIRC, KC Eusebio got 2nd or 3rd place but he is based in California and not locally. Philippines did win the team championship during this shoot!

You just echoed what I am trying to say:

Economics really is a big factor to get into this sport much less win in it.

batangueno,

I am not referring to you per se, but I have been to a couple of shoots where some people's mentality has been "if I have the same stuff, he has, I could probably beat him". If you still have not heard this or some of its variations, you will!

18. Allegra

Allegra

19. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

I use local equipment, jologs pa double magpouch ko na leather.;)

In our sport equipment reliability is very important. If it's reliable, the rest of the factor falls on the shooter. The problem starts when a new shooter thinks his skills will increase in proportion to how much his gun costs. It's understandable, shelling out money is easier and you get instant results, gwapo agad baril mo.

And regarding the top shooters, kaya talunin ng pinoy yan... Kung mey budget to practice 500 rounds a day. ;f

20. Allegra

Allegra

This reminds me of something
    during the Australasia nung 01 , I emailed several Top american IPSC shooters
    syempre mga idols
    I invited them to shoot dito sa pinas and it would be an honor to compete ( and get mmy butt kicked ) against them
    Everyone emailed back that though they would love to shoot here, money is tight , and they dont have the budget to fly to Asia.