close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Chateau Elk"

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by MarkCO, Nov 25, 2003.

1. MarkCO

MarkCO Millennium Member CLM

Dec 21, 1998
    Colorado
    A slightly modified Chateau Brion Recipee. I use this for tenderloins and serve it on New Years Eve, Wonderful...

Sauce,

1 cup of Corn oil
    1 cup of vinegar (vary types, I like the white vinegar)
    1 cup of sugar
    1 cup ketchup
    1 huge onion diced
    3 cloves of garlic, minced
    2 tbs. white pepper
    2 tbs black pepper

Opyional: 1 tbs. Sirachi chili or 1 tbs cinamon oil, both add different "kicks".

Mix all sauce ingredients in large mixing bowl.

Place 5 pounds of tenderloin in roaster or deep baking dish and cover with sauce. Cover and place in refrigerator for 12-24 hours. Spoon sauce over meat every half hour. If you have a vacuum packer, this can be cut to 4 hours. Pre-heat oven to 475. Cook at 475 for 20-30 minutes (just until it starts to smoke :) basting every 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 275 and roast about 2 hours basting every 30 minutes. Thinner pieces of meat take less time and thicker pieces a bit longer. Also depsnds on whther you like it rare, medium or well. I serve with mashed potatos and a quality salad. Eddie C's cheesecake would make a great desert.

Awesome meal!