Charter 2000 - 44 spl Bulldog

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by themiller, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Sorry you had a bad experience,,,
    I ve got a locked up M37 S&W in my safe at this time just waiting to drop it off at the smiths (absence of $$$)
    Had it out shooting Wadcutters and the trigger wasn't returning , I had to assist it the after the next round it was locked up...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 Buckeye63, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

I HAVE A NEWER MODEL bULLDOG IN 44 SPL. TOOK IT TO THE RANGE THIS WEEK AND HAD PROBLEMS SHORT STROKING IN DOUBLE ACTION. NEVER DID GET THE HANG OF RAPID D/A SHOOTING. OFF IT GOES TO BE TRADED.

3. I've had mine for over a year and not a problem. I had a friend who had one of the originals ad it is probably still going, we had a lot of rounds through it when I last saw it. I would steer well clear of the "Charco" and "Charter 2000" products. I have put some fairly stout handloads in mine and no problems, save for the screw in the breechface that pushes the ejector rod back to release the cylinder. You can feel when it is loosening on the Charters because releasing the cylinder gets more difficult and it's time to back that screw out. One of the nice features of the original 3" and the new "Retro" 3" is that, without the shroud on them, you can just pull the ejector rod to swing the cylinder out.

4. I have an older (+30 years) Charter .44 Bulldog (3" barrel). Stout and reliable. I've put several hundred rounds through that little handgun (used it to test .44 Special handloads ~ really.).

Had a minor problem with the gun several years ago (I could open the cylinder using the ejector rod but the cylinder release latch was stuck and would not work properly). Sent it to the company and they repaired it for free. Excellent communication and company customer service.

Just my recent experience with Charter Arms.