close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

charlie vanek

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by atmarcella, Oct 25, 2004.

1. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

bogs what's your opinion of this offer from charlie vanek:

Hello Andrew,

I understand about shipping the G22 to the US. The 1.5 lb. trigger does have to be fitted by me because it could go full auto or double without proper fitting. I can send custom parts that will give you a trigger pull in the 2 lb. + range. These parts are drop in, but it does require a person that understands how the safeties work and adjust the pre-travel (screw) accordingly. Not all Glock’s are the same and I wish it were a simple installation. I can send everything somewhat preset, but the trigger safety will need some material taken off and that will depend on you along with the adjustments.

Cost for the parts: $175.00 plus the shipping cost. I usually tweak the striker (makes a smoother trigger pull and harder hits on the primers) when I do the action job and it would cost more if I were too send a new one.

The parts included are:

1 custom trigger bar

1 custom firing pin safety plunger

1 custom trigger housing w/ pre-travel & over-travel stop screws and hex wrenches

1 custom 3.5 connector

3 custom springs (trigger spring, striker spring, safety plunger spring)

Regards,

Charlie

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Alexii

Alexii
    Expand Collapse
    Janeway Forever

I don't know, at $175? I don't want being tethered on the edge of my Glock going full auto on me. $175 will buy plenty of practice ammo. When used correctly, it will go a long way to make you a better shooter even without equipment modification.

FWIW, Dave Sevigny switched back to stock internals after having some problems with his custom and presumably expensive trigger assembly. His verdict: "It doesn't make much difference".

3. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

i think custom glock racing is offering a drop in competition trigger assembly. you might want to check that out, too.

do you have a 3.5lb connector already? with some polishing and a change to a lightweight striker, trigger pull can go down around 3lbs. don't sweat too much trying to bring your trigger pull down that much(sub 3 lbs). What you want to do is to remove the vibration when the connector releases the striker.

Invest in a match barrel instead.

4. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

If I'm reading correctly what people are raving about the vanek trigger I'd sing the off tune and say 'Go for it!" ;)

If you decide to get it, patingin kung pano nya ginawa dre ha. ;f

5. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

thanks alexii, good info about dave sevigny;f

6. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

doc do you think a g24 barrel on a g22 is a good idea? i've seen some pictures kasi of competition guns at CGR and i think i saw one na parang ganyan ang set-up, w/ g24 tungsten guide rod pa, pwede kaya lagyan ng barrel weight yung protruding guide rod? doc sensya na my imagination is going wild, or is it a good idea;4

7. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

no problem mc_o:)

8. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

doc picture below

9. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

hindi kasya sa ipsc box.

10. ogiebb

ogiebb
    Expand Collapse

charlie is the greatest thing since sliced bread for Glocks but its a total waste kung hinde sya mag fit, kasi maraming angles and secrets yung mga installs nya. wala na sasarap pa sa trigger ni Charlie;f pero for me
    heres a couple of stuff to do to make it as sweet as possible

1 ghost rocket or any 3.5 connector smooth and polished
    2 wolf reduced striker spring
    3 cut a coil or two on the plunger spring
    4 polish the heck out of the cross of the trigger,striker,plunger tube and more( yung end ng cross dont round it off)
    5 put some trigger slick in the connector and plunger safety tab or pin ba ang tawag dun?
    6 get stronger triiger spring or re angle the hole on the trigger bar for the trigger spring (better yet do both)
    7 put some trigger slick on all of them parts hehehe
    8 CHECK ALL SAFETIES and make sure they are working

i dropped my glock 24 ,35 to 1.5 to 2.5# on this mod...but charlie' trigger got me beat on the crisp on his trigger when i start shooting glocks again im sending him my next glock and thats for sure

11. ogiebb

ogiebb
    Expand Collapse

uy double sorry;f ;f

12. ppts799

ppts799
    Expand Collapse
    Daisho

pagmagsalita ito, parang nag down payment na kay dino ha . . . ;e

13. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Hehehe, kaya nga hold off muna lahat ng purchases eh. Nainggit ako sa bago'ng baby mo. ;f