close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charles Daly

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by gnepig, Aug 16, 2010.

1. gnepig

gnepig
    Expand Collapse
    Remember

2. seamaster

seamaster
    Expand Collapse

My friend and I each bought the tactical pump models and both failed to feed and eject so we returned them. I'd stay away from them.

Seamaster

3. tx787

tx787
    Expand Collapse

They were recently shut down by the ATF so that's probably not a great sign if you're counting on customer service after the purchase.

4. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd
    Expand Collapse

I've heard guys speak highly of the CD's - mostly the o/u though.

As said though, they are out of business so you'd have no warranty support. I'm not sure if the CD pump is a clone of anything else still in production which would alleviate the risk of not being able to find parts.

5. seamaster

seamaster
    Expand Collapse

The pumps we had were made in Turkey and I'll bet they are currently being sold under a different brand. I recently saw a Weatherby pump that looked very similar and was made in Turkey. It might be a different gun but I won't risk it.

I bought my Charles Daly from a large sporting goods chain (Big 5 here in California). The guy that sold it to me was honestly trying to steer me towards a Mossberg or 870 but I wouldn't listen. After returning it he said I told you so. He said they had a lot of returns on that gun. I took the refund instead of getting another gun.

The Charles Daly was just so nice looking and it was very light weight that it made the Mossberg and 870 feel cheap and heavy. After that I decided that If I get another 12 ga it's going to be the Benelli M2 Tactical.

#5 seamaster, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  6. ajjacks916

ajjacks916
    Expand Collapse
    IDPA SO

Get the Mossberg.

7. seamaster

seamaster
    Expand Collapse

No way, for only $1,000 more get the Benelli:supergrin:

I used to have a Mossberg for many years and shot many thousands of rounds thru it. It was a good gun but eventually began to fail to lock up. You could say I shot it to death!

8. gnepig

gnepig
    Expand Collapse
    Remember

Thanx Men...