close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Charging Handle Problem!

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by fireguy129, Aug 11, 2010.

1. fireguy129

fireguy129 NRA Member 2008

May 31, 2001
    Northeast Pa, usa
    Almost done with my first build. Got a bcg today from a gt member, so I got it cleaned and oiled. I grabbed the charging handle from my Oly, went to drop it in, and it won\'t fit. The notches are good, the handle drops in, but won\'t move forward. I tried a quick clean and oil, even some dremel action. Tried the charging handle from a Colt, same thing. Whats next?

2. RainierArms

RainierArms

Oct 23, 2004
    How far forward will your charging handle go? It doesn't sound like an issue with the charging handle itself, it you are experiencing the same problem with your Colt charging handle. Perhaps it's binding against your gas tube or something is up with the upper receiver itself.

3. Constructor

Constructor Moderator

Dec 10, 2009
    Roaming
    At first thought it sounds like the channel in the receiver that the wide part of the charge handle slides in is too small, may just be a burr from when the drop in hole was milled. I would say check for burrs or send the receiver back.

4. fireguy129

fireguy129 NRA Member 2008

May 31, 2001
    Northeast Pa, usa
    Charging handle has zero forward movement. I didn't realize the tolerance for that piece would be that exact. I don't see anything obvious, but I'll take a better look tonight.
    The upper came from R-Guns almost a year ago, I doubt returning it will be much of an option.

Thanks!!