close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Changing sights on a Glock 23

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by flipside101, Jan 15, 2011.

1. flipside101

flipside101

Jan 9, 2011
    I was told when I bought my 23 that only a dealer is capable of adjusting the sights and changing them. Is this true? I was curious about the 3 dot sight set-up (night sight I think they are) and if it's better than the stock white square sight. They told me it takes a special punch tool of some sort?? Are all glocks the same as far as sights?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. Bucky89

Bucky89

May 21, 2010
    Midwest

3. Trgtguy

Trgtguy

Sep 11, 2009
    Removing the factory sights on a glock is easily done with a drift punch and brass hammer, that exactly fits the sides of the sight and doesn't slip off and marr the finish of the sights ,if they are of the plastic version. This in mind , Warning , if you have night sights ,they have a glass vial inside that will break ,if you try to tap them out yourself. For this you need a sight adjusting tool [ most gunsmiths have them] that gently pushes the rear sight out of the dovetail. The front sight is screwed on [usually] depends on the generation Glock it is ,or may be pinned on with a plastic expansion plug seen from under the slide that spreads the bottom of the sight out and makes it tight in the slide. Some people on the threads will try to tell you , Just hammer your night sights out yourself, DON'T DO IT ! it's too easy to break the tritium vials !

4. jaytee 10mm

jaytee 10mm Glock Conoseur

Nov 12, 2010
    Alberta,Canada
    I agree get a front sight armoures tool from lwd 20$ and a rear sight tool 130$ I tried without......get the tools

5. flipside101

flipside101

Jan 9, 2011
    Well that was pretty easy. I have those tools already...:embarassed:

Are those sights more accurate?

6. flipside101

flipside101

Jan 9, 2011
    Well I guess I will do some shooting first with the original sights and see what happens.

Thanks for the info guys

7. Bucky89

Bucky89

May 21, 2010
    Midwest
    It typically just depends on the user's preference and past experience.

8. Try the glock night sites. They rock. And they are treated in tennifer, just like the rest of your glock. They also have the best warranty on the market.

9. Crom

Crom Glock

Nov 12, 2010
    San Diego, PRK