close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chamber question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RLB, Jul 17, 2012.

1. RLB

RLB

If the 40 cal requires an additional sizing die for reloading to eliminate a buldge at case head, why doesn't the 45?
    Thanks
    Rick

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

this may be answered faster in the Reloading forum, but I have no idea.

3. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

I believe you are referring to the Factory Crimp Dies, and this was a long heated discussion many times over in the reloading forum. I have been reloading 40SW for years now and have never once used a FCD, if your sizing die is properly setup there is no need for the FCD.

4. JBS

JBS

If you are talking about a bulge buster type die they are only needed when using fired brass from a Glock in a match or very, very tight chambered barrel. I have never had to use the extra die to fire previously fired Glock brass in a Glock again or in a 1911, sig or other. The one exception is if you run across brass from an early Glock before they changed the chamber support. If you run one of those cases through a die it will force a ring of brass down around the web area from the BIG bulge. That brass is not safe to load, if you look in the case you will see a crescent crack matching the unsupported part of the chamber.