close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Challenger

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by BamaTrooper, Jun 24, 2008.

1. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Man, I saw a new Challenger today and it was fine. Anyone else seen one rolling around?

2. lakota169

lakota169

Dec 18, 2005
    S.E. Michigan
    Last Thursday at the cruise night I go to, a guy showed up with one. They wouldn't let him in (has to be atleast 25 years old). He parked outside of show area. His was the 150th one built. his friend with him said his would be in soon.

[​IMG]

3. GlueSniffinEd

GlueSniffinEd

Oct 16, 2004
    Florida
    The new Challenger is a sweet looking car. I may be biased though, I'm a Mopar nut and own a 1968 Road Runner.

Some pics attached that I took while in Canada showing the Canadian version of the new Challenger.

Attached Files:

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Now that is a fine car.

5. Rexzilla

Rexzilla Hoosier

May 22, 2002
    Indy
    whoa...that takes me back...looks like a lot of old Cuda in that too...I like that better than the Mustang.

6. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Apr 30, 2000
    Lexington, KY
    I saw two of them last Thursday on the lot at Freedom Dodge in Lexington, KY. They had an orange one that was marked as sold and a black one with a $20,000 dealer markup on it. They were a little smaller than I expected, but still pretty big cars, IMO. I'm still waiting for the Camaro.

7. Sharpe103

Sharpe103

Aug 2, 2008
    LEO
    Love that car. Saw one for the first time last week. Can't wait for the Camaro.

8. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

Jul 4, 1999
    West Texas
  9. Liquid

Liquid

Oct 19, 2001
    South Florida
    sick car, had they been out i would of considered one but i was in the market 2 years ago.

10. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    For a cruise night? Sad. HH

11. Get_Zwole

Get_Zwole

Aug 21, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    i dig the car but that dodge interior just never will do it for me blah blah. It is a sweet machine though very retro.

12. YpsiBob

YpsiBob

Aug 6, 2006
    the new challenger is awesome. i saw a white RT the other day, it reminded me of the vanishing point '70 challenger. to bad they cost so much and are so heavy, the V6 version costs more than a mustang GT and the mustang GT is faster than the challenger RT. i think the challenger looks better than the new camaro, but i might change my mind when i see a camaro in real life.

13. MrMustang

MrMustang

May 10, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Is it true that it only comes as an automatic? That's kind of a showstopper for me.

14. YpsiBob

YpsiBob

Aug 6, 2006
    the 08 srt8 only comes in an automatic, the other ones and the 09 srts will have a manual trans option.

15. MrMustang

MrMustang

May 10, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Ok, because I just refused to believe they would stifle the car by putting it out with no manual trans option.

16. sopdan

sopdan

Mar 27, 2002
    MI
    The manual trans is another $1k, I believe, and not available on the lowest trim.

17. mabgrac

mabgrac

Jan 2, 2004
    A1A
    I got a Deep Water Blue R/T about two weeks ago. I am loving it!!!! All the attention it gets in a little much, but I am loving the hemi power!

18. nationaltrp

nationaltrp

Dec 16, 2003
    Stopped one yesterday. Really sharp looking. Just wrote him a warning. I'm sure he just couldn't help himself.

19. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

Dec 19, 2000

We need pics! I am not a Challenger fan, but it looks great in that color:cool:

Dyno and track numbers wouldn't hurt either. :)

20. YpsiBob

YpsiBob

Aug 6, 2006
    i finnaly got to line up with an SRT8 challenger yesterday, i had a bad launch and spun the tires too much, then my car jumped sideways when i hit 2nd, but somehow i stayed ahead of him, i figured he must have been effected by the rough road surface and that must have slowed him down, we lined up again at the next light which had a nice smooth surface and a straight shot for about a mile ahead, i nailed the launch and the 1-2 shift, he was at about my rear bumper about half way threw my 2nd gear and he let off, those 3.08 gears and huge rear wheels must be whats holding the challenger back, i read that the manual trans cars will come with 3.73s and i am sure with the gear change alone they will be faster than my mustang, but for now i am very happy with my stock 4.6 liter GT.:tongueout: