Chad Landry Has Passed Away!

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Nov 24, 2012.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member

What sad news to return home and read.

CJ was a fine man, RIP sir.

Your family is in our prayers.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    Magnus2131 likes this.
  2. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

Rest in peace CJ. We'll speak again...

3. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Very sad news, rest in peace my friend.
  4. R.I.P. CJ

Words fail me. R.I.P.
  5. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Dang it! He was a good guy. I'm so sorry to hear this. Geez, that's just terrible!
  6. 9mm Luger

9mm Luger GLOCK 26

R.i.p. CJ :(
    #146 9mm Luger, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  7. dkt2k

dkt2k 'sup?

R.I.P., Chad; you will be missed...
  8. Chuck TX

RIP CJ

You were one of the good ones bro.
  9. RIP, CJ. I'll miss you. It's been too long since we last talked and I'm crushed we won't get another chance in this lifetime. I'll never forget the day you fell asleep while on the phone with me... A victim of too much to do and too much to drink. :laughing: You were a rare bird and Steve's "There can be only one" photo says it all. Goodbye, Chad. :crying:
  10. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

This is sad. I really enjoyed his posts because he seemed like a real down to earth kind of guy and I will miss him. I've wondered where he's been for a while now. I wonder if he was ill for a time before he passed.

Prayers for his loved ones.

Happyguy :)
  11. For those of you who weren't members of the private forums, Chad has some major, major medical issues toward the end of his life. The short version is that he woke up seizing and learned that he had an arachnoid cyst in his brain. During this time, he was out on disability long enough (for bronchial infections and I've always wondering if it was somehow related to his work in Iraq...) that he lost all benefits including medical. I'm not sure if he ever had the surgery to remove the cyst but he did not want to do so until he had some financial security since he was left unemployed. He also had some personal issues going on but I will not share those here.

Many of us tried to reach him, unsuccessfully, many times. One person sent him a check that was received but after three weeks had not been cashed. I cannot remember hearing that it was cashed but he my point is that he knew many of us cared deeply and we were unable to reach him.

LW and I posted pics of the corkscrews he picked up in Argentina for us. He had left his motel and bought a bottle of wine and started a thread in GNG about he was uncertain if he could bring himself to use the only corkscrew he could find. usmcsilver (I can't remember his exact user name now) fell in love with the corkscrew Chad posted it and even asked for it. He wound up sending that one to Sterling and picked up an assortment of other styles for the rest of us who had also wanted it. Since I got that corkscrew, I've never not thought of Chad when I opened a bottle of wine...
  12. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Thank you sharing what you could MrsKitty.
  13. Thank you for the explanation.
  14. No problem, guys. It really haunts me how that he went from being totally on top of his world to rock bottom so quickly. It also shows us why we should never take our stuff for granted.

I pray he's truly at peace now and that his kids are OK. They have a strong support system on his wife's side so I'm hoping that will provide them enormous comfort in the days ahead...
  15. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

In light of all that has happened this year, I am definitely praying for the family. CJ was too good of a dude for things to happen the way they did. I wish I could help somehow.
    Magnus2131 likes this.
  16. true believer

you can by never forgetting him..
  17. RussP

18. That is very sad. He was a good guy. I wonder if it was maybe from travels overseas. His posts were always very entertaining. May he rest in peace.
    #158 JuneyBooney, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  19. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

God speed, buddy. R.IP.