Chad Landry Has Passed Away!

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

R.I.P. Cj

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

Okie's post tonight about CJ in another thread made me want to give this a bump.

These days seem filled with bad news about people who lie, and steal, and kill innocent children for nothing more than their own sick gratification...

This thread is testimony that good people exist. CJ was one of them. Maybe someday the good and descent among us will receive the notoriety our current culture reserves for the evil people in our midst.

Until that day, this will have to do.

R.I.P. CJ. The world is poorer for your loss.

3. RussP

4. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Incredibly good post, and I agree 100%.

Rest In Peace, Chad.
    #284 byf43, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  5. CJ's posts were great, his knowledge and experience is really missed.
  6. I'm just finding this out. He is on my fb friends list but I hadn't heard from him in so long. My heart is aching and if I misspell anything I know you all will understand. My heart goes out tohis loved ones and though he is gone he will never be forgotten. REst in peace Chad and I'm so sad to know you are gone.
  7. My condolences to his family. He was only 46 and I wasn't aware of any health issues. Any idea what happened?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  8. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

Post #151

If you ever get the chance some time, read the thread. I'll bet my last nickle you won't regret it.
  9. Saddening to hear. R.I.P.
  10. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

11. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable

Sorry all, had to bump this, as a few people THIS week have asked me about a post I made to his Facebook page after I heard...Again, I never met him in person, but CJ and I had some deep phone conversations and he was always there for me. He is still missed, and more people are just finding out. He was a good man.

12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan

I agree, he was a true friend to all that met him.
    Truly a great loss.........
  13. I'm sorry to hear about CL too.

Without a decent explanation these type of threads are very annoying and disrespectful to everyone who is still here.
  14. Agreed, what happened to him?
  15. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak KO Windows

That's kinda what I was wondering. I knew he'd had some health problems, which were causing financial problems because he could not work.
  16. faawrenchbndr

I do not believe the Family released the details.
    As I understand, Chad passed due to complications from a tumor in his head.
  17. okie

okie GT Mayor

He was indeed my friend:angel:
    Magnus2131 likes this.
  18. faawrenchbndr

Very true Okie,......I never heard a harsh word about The Cajunator!
    A true friend indeed.
  19. You won't be getting an explanation on Chad's death. In Louisiana death certificates are sealed for 70 years and it still wouldn't give us the the answers to all out questions. The family isn't talking.

I'm not saying this to be a ***** -- a lot of us have a lot of questions and suspicions about his later life and ultimately his death.

He had an arachnoid cyst in the brain. It was discovered after he had such a hard time getting over the bronchitis/lung problems he was having. He started seizing in his sleep and the cyst was discovered. By then he had been out of work long enough that he had lost all insurance, including disability. He was isolated from all of his family and friends, except for his girlfriend.

Many, many people tried to contact him and could not reach him. Anyone who spoke against his girlfriend was immediately on "his" **** list. I say "his" because many of us suspect that she was actually the one eliminating his friends one by one. She even went so far as to demand him have his account deleted here. She considered him to be cheating when he visited GT because there was the occasional pic posted of some chick with a gun.

There were financial issues at the end and checks were sent, written to Chad, that were not cashed. Any offer of groceries were refused. Basically if it wasn't cash, it wasn't wanted or acknowledged which leads a lot of us to believe that the girlfriend was asking for the money instead of Chad really needing the help.

The Chad who died is not Chad we all knew and loved.
  20. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

RIP to Mr. Landry