close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Centennial Models

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by thecableguy, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I saw this on TOS and thought it would be cool to try to keep up with the Centennial models. Maybe compile a picture thread through out the year.

ED Brown's 2 offerings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wilson Combat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Colt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    you forgot Volkman.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  3. I think thats all of them for now. The Ed Brown EE is my favorite of the bunch. Somebody at Kimber should be fired for approving that thing.:ack::puking:

4. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

blargh.. they are all fugly... and overpriced ta boot...

5. I look at that thing at least once a week and forgot all about it. I like that one too but out of my price range for sure.

6. Nickpisp

Nickpisp

Oct 12, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Your Colt pic really isn't their Anniversary offering. That's the ANVI of which only one was made. The ANVII and ANVIII are their "offerings".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. So it is an Anniversary edition but not the one the are offering to the general public just one made to auction off? I didn't know about the other ones. Thanks for the info.

8. Nickpisp

Nickpisp

Oct 12, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Yup, that's the one on Gunbroker going for over 80K last I checked. They are making 750 of the ANVII and ANVIII's can be ordered until this November.

9. The Ed Brown is awesome but what the classic custom centennial costs is just crazy. Either would be an amazing heirloom piece though.

10. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    They just aren't for me.

I'm not one for special editions.

11. That is what I was thinking until I saw the Ed Brown Executive. Nice and simple not overly done. Something that you could take to the range once in a while and not be scared to shoot.

12. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Yeah, its hideous. :ack:

13. Mr. Gekko

Mr. Gekko

Aug 27, 2010
    I like the ANVIII the most. Original look without the freaking engraving and gold crap. Don't like the rollmarks though, but it is a centennial after all.

14. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Its definitely nice. I just won't buy anything commemorative.

15. airflyer

airflyer

Feb 3, 2007
    IOWA
    The kimber and volkmann both look the same with casehardened lowers but different grips